starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post Labral Surgical Repair Training Future

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    i had a slap tear and rotator cuff tear at the end of my baseball career. my bench is close to 400 pounds now and my shoulder never bothers me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhpabJRaIc8

i remember that rehab protocol like it was yesterday. trainer was killing me with director external rotation exercises and capsule stability work and my range of motion was pitiful. i took a break from therapy during a holiday break and did nothing but lift and they couldnt believe the improvement in ROM and strength when i returned.

i work in orthopedics now and specialize in shoulder replacements. without seeing your op notes speculation is worthless as to why they told you that. i can tell you that patients who don't recover from a procedure like yours are at the highest risk for developing glenohumeral bone deformity resulting from joint instability. i would imagine this was on their minds at the time of the recommendation.

not following their advice and continuing to lift weights isnt a big deal. people do this all the time. the ones who F things up (% of people who represent the majority of patients in general) are the ones without a plan of progression. you're most vulnerable to reinjury with muscle atrophy surrounding the capsule and i only know of one way to correct muscle atrophy.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by GirthiestPiece View Post
    i had a slap tear and rotator cuff tear at the end of my baseball career. my bench is close to 400 pounds now and my shoulder never bothers me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhpabJRaIc8

i remember that rehab protocol like it was yesterday. trainer was killing me with director external rotation exercises and capsule stability work and my range of motion was pitiful. i took a break from therapy during a holiday break and did nothing but lift and they couldnt believe the improvement in ROM and strength when i returned.

i work in orthopedics now and specialize in shoulder replacements. without seeing your op notes speculation is worthless as to why they told you that. i can tell you that patients who don't recover from a procedure like yours are at the highest risk for developing glenohumeral bone deformity resulting from joint instability. i would imagine this was on their minds at the time of the recommendation.

not following their advice and continuing to lift weights isnt a big deal. people do this all the time. the ones who F things up (% of people who represent the majority of patients in general) are the ones without a plan of progression. you're most vulnerable to reinjury with muscle atrophy surrounding the capsule and i only know of one way to correct muscle atrophy.

good luck
    1. You are a man. 385 went up like 135.
    2. You didn't have surgery?
    3. Why do you refuse to use caps?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    1. You are a man. 385 went up like 135.
    2. You didn't have surgery?
    3. Why do you refuse to use caps?
    I did have surgery to repair my SLAP tear and rotator cuff. 4 months post op is the period of time I am referring to below in which I began to freely lift weights using my own discretion to guide intensity and volume.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12