starting strength gym

Thread: More from Ken Leistner: West Coast Impressions, part 3

Default More from Ken Leistner: West Coast Impressions, part 3

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

I realize the market is probably minute, but all of these stories would make a neat coffee table book when combined with appropriate pictures. The history of the sport is fascinating. Thanks to you and the various "old men" of the sport for providing us a look into the past.

8 quarts of milk?? And a dozen sandwiches, eggs, bacon and protein? I think people need to stop whinging about a gallon of milk and three solid meals a day for starting strength. And I need to up my milk game - I've only ever managed five quarts at the most

Thanks for posting these great stories by Dr. Ken. They are very enjoyable to read. I particularly enjoyed the bit about Paul Anderson and drinking cow's blood. I have Anderson's booklet Secrets of My Strength in which he describes his experiments with various nutritional sources, including making an extract out of beef and masking the taste with tomato juice. When folks would negatively comment on his dietary choices, Anderson would reply with "It depends on how much you want to progress!”.

Mark, did you ever experiment with varied nutritional sources like this?

We all experimented with everything. You haven't?

starting strength coach development program
    Great read and very interesting idea about the half and half plus protein powder. Anyone have experience with this?

Cutting the sheer volume of GOMAD down to a quarter while keeping a similar nutritional value sounds great. If I have my issues with all the milk it has to be the commitment of drinking it throughout the day and running around places always carrying a quart of milk in my hand. Not to mention all the time that is lost spent on the toilet urinating. Oh god, the constant peeing!