starting strength gym

Thread: Amsterdam squat camp follow up #2

Default Amsterdam squat camp follow up #2

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Tom,

I continue my journey against knee travel here (link to 1st thread).

As you suggested in the last post of the 1st thread I pushed my knees more forward, which resulted in a new problem I stayed at 75 kg at the moment, because I recognise that the weight is also getting an issue and I don't think I will get better form when I also add more weight to the bar.

I have the videos of my workout sets of 02/12/2015
    First set 75 kg
    Second set 75 kg
    Third set 75 kg
    I see that the knees get more forward but are now traveling backward and than are getting forward again like a zig zag line. What's going on now?

The sets of 02/14/2015 are showing the same behaviour:
    First set 75kg
    Second set 75kg
    Thrid set 75kg
    Maybe it's getting even worse especially in the first set. I also lack depth.

After that I had a little break due to a business trip and did three more sets with 75 kg on 02/19/2015
    First set 75kg
    Second set 75kg
    Third set 75kg
    I think the first set isn't to shabby on rep 1/2/4, don't know why it's a bit better there and also in set 2 except for the last rep but set No. 3 isn't good at all.

I apologise for the short distance of the camera but there was not enough space to position the camera on that day. I also had to change the sound of set 2 and 3 because youtube blocked the videos probably because of the background music in the gym.

Do me a favor and pick one of these videos that shows the problem.

Sure, this is set is the one, which shows it the most I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayvH View Post
    The sets of 02/14/2015 are showing the same behaviour:
    First set 75kg
    Maybe it's getting even worse especially in the first set. I also lack depth.

I don't know why your knees are going back mid-way through aside from the obvious one. You are letting them go back. Don't do that. Get them out front and keep them there. It might be that simple.

OK, I thought there may be an obvious geometrical error like "chest still to high" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JayvH View Post
    OK, I thought there may be an obvious geometrical error like "chest still to high" or something like that.
    No. Your squat looks pretty good up until the point you pull your knees back near the bottom.

I have a video here from the third set of my last workout.
    Link

I see that Rep 3-5 are having still the same problem. But in 1&2 I only saw it with slow motion. Is this a tolerable amount and what I should aim for on every rep or still too much?

starting strength coach development program
    Those looked better than before. Put your knees slightly further forward early. If that requires a slightly more vertical torso to stay in balance, so be it.