starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Power Snatch progress

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Your work sets didn't look that bad. Just a little slow. No need to get frustrated. These are significantly better than before. Things to work on:

Jump harder and faster.
    Drop under the bar more.
    Sorry to butt in on this conversation, but I've been wondering how to "train" dropping under the bar more, and how to transition from exclusively doing power snatches to doing snatches. Is it just a matter of catching it in a power position then dropping all the way down to get used to the movement pattern, or is there more to it than that?

Quote Originally Posted by RugbySmartarse View Post
    Sorry to butt in on this conversation, but I've been wondering how to "train" dropping under the bar more, and how to transition from exclusively doing power snatches to doing snatches. Is it just a matter of catching it in a power position then dropping all the way down to get used to the movement pattern, or is there more to it than that?
    That is the idea. You want to make up your mind to get under the bar before starting the pull. Like with any of these lifts, you start light and then build up. The snatch is more of a balance problem than the clean. Practicing frequently is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    That is the idea. You want to make up your mind to get under the bar before starting the pull. Like with any of these lifts, you start light and then build up. The snatch is more of a balance problem than the clean. Practicing frequently is important.
    Thanks Tom. Am quickly realising this whenever I try to get under a snatch. It doesn't help that I've got the turnaround speed of a cargo ship

The ability to move quickly is a distinct advantage in Olympic weightlifting.

4.29 PS work set 148#: https://youtu.be/8rxlc8XPntI

I really tried to internally rotate my arms to keep them straighter longer. My starfish landing makes me unhappy. I am think that I need to deload and engrain the proper sensations at a lower weight.

starting strength coach development program
    You are doing better with keeping your arms straight. Good work. However, you are not doing a very good job of making the bar go up. You need to move faster and jump harder. The bar looks like it is almost getting slower around the hip. That's where acceleration needs to peak. Your arms are reasonably straight. Now, make it so that they have some force to communicate to the bar. Also make sure that you are not pushing the bar forward of the midfoot at the bottom.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123