starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Feigenbaum Project

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    I don't know that this study is destined to shake the foundations of big pharma, but provided things go well, it could become a very valuable tool for those who need to point to data establishing the efficacy barbell training. As you have pointed out, however, establishing facts only goes so far when it comes to convincing people. The debate surrounding evolution is a vivid reminder of this.
    Imagine if barbell training and smart cardio (HIIT) caught on like running did several decades back...like prance-aerobics did in the 80s/90s....there would be a lot less demand for drugs because of reduction of obsesity , diabetes, etc....

At my Lifetime gym there is a fricking SEA of worthless machines and cardio equipment. There is a Mountainside fitness 4 miles away with the same amount, and they are building an LAfitness 2 miles from that....filled with what I see now as worthless junk. They all employ about 2 dozen trainers per facility....who all went to some worthless certification classes, can't teach anyone jack shit (jack squat ha ha)....All the mainstream fitness community does is cite the worthless studies based on bad science. Won't happen overnight of course....but 30 years from now, someone could point to right here, and say this is where it started.

And no, we didn't come from no monkey's butt hole (squid billies ref.)

...rambled on a bit. forgot main question...
    How is the 'project/study' funded?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnys View Post
    Can I ask why you're including the "HIPAA Document"? A SS coach isn't a covered entity, even if he's an MD who works (in his other job) for a covered entity. If you're just being transparent about privacy and use of personal data, that's a good thing, but I'd suggest avoiding reference to HIPAA (and unnecessary compiance) if you can. I should say that I know nothing about clinical research, but a whole lot about HIPAA privacy and security (as a lawyer for a health plan & provider).
    So we thought it was/is necessary from a human data collection standpoint. We're going to de identify the data immediately, but still there's some need for HIPAA compliance in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    ...rambled on a bit. forgot main question...
    How is the 'project/study' funded?
    It's not.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234