starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feigenbaum Project

Goddamn, this is exciting.

It has potential.

This is pretty epic. How has phase one been going? Is there going to be some kind of minimum vetting for phase two? Even with it being level 3 evidence, I can imagine the legions of trolls going to town.

If this actually goes down, will people actually listen? Will things actually change? I am excited.

This is exciting as hell! The data will be challenged left, right, and down the middle, but as the data set grows and grows, it'll get harder and harder to deny.

What I'm curious about (and if I missed it during the video, forgive me), is if the coach's approach will be including in the data packet for each level 1 trainee? If we're going to test 24 hour food recall pre/post training, one question that immediately comes to mind is: "Did the coach tell them to eat more/less/the same?" If it's feasible, this could be more than just CYA for research purposes- you could pull even tighter demographic data, and maybe I'm a nerd for thinking this, but I think that would be awesome.

How much longer (or not) does the LP last if the coach recommends increasing caloric intake/increasing protein intake/says nothing (ad libitum). Within the ad-libitum subset, How much more/less/same do people eat pre/post training? Does self-reported 'years of barbell coaching experience' among SSCs correlate to better outcomes for clients, and if so, by how much? Is there a 'drop-off age' where SSCs generally stop prescribing the power clean as part of the linear progression due to client limitations?

And, since I would assume that SSCs routinely have to modify the LP template due to lifter limitations, client goals/preferences, etc., we might (with enough data points) find ways to better optimize the general SS template (throwback to Dr. Racullia's article) or validate adjustments commonly made among subsets of the lifting population.

I don't know if it's feasible (and it could very well be happening)- just my two cents.

If it gets published in the journals jordan is talking about and with the numbers of participants he wants it would be kind of hard to ignore it.

I've wanted to look at the dataset proposed here for years, but it didn't exist. Kudos for starting what will likely be a messy, difficult project. If it works, it will change the world.

If the program is on schedule, April would be the start of the Starting Strength Training Registry for the Level 3 participants. When can we expect the instructions and the HIPAA form and the other data entry forms for the level 3 participants?

This is a wonderful idea with tremendous potential. I know it will be a large task for the study coordinators. Any additional suggestions to the Starting Strength community, especially those in the later stage of a novice trainee, to ease that task would be helpful to all.

starting strength coach development program
    I train several people, who have had previous injuries that left them with limited movement after they recovered. They come to me so that through weight training they can improve the quality of their life.

I follow the Starting Strength protocols in terms of the proper method of doing the exercises as well as the exercise selection. I track what they do in the gym. Would any of this data be of use to the Feigenbaum project as Level 3 data?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast