starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yohimbine HCL timing

Default Yohimbine HCL timing

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Jordan,

Apologies if you've posted this before, but I can't seem to find the timing anywhere on your boards, just that you do recommend it and the dosing. Could it be added to the start of the supplements thread? I just bought a bottle in hopes that dosing it at the right times might help the process as I kick up the HIIT to trim some of that stubborn midsection fat.

I see that you recommend starting with 5mg and progressing up to 20mg with half the dose being before your workout. Does the other half timing matter? Is this every day or do you recommend only on workout days? Would there a be a HUGE benefit of every day vs just workout days?

Also, thanks a ton for everything you do. I've been following some of the programming you have on your site along with your nutritional advice and I've gained 30lbs since the end of June after a surgery and a long layoff. I'm far stronger than I've ever been thanks all of you SSCs. I'm not quite to the point where I need remote coaching yet so I went and bought a T-Shirt this morning instead. Please consider it a token of my gratitude.

Thanks for supporting the cause, Bolson.

As far as Yohimbine, I recommend taking it every day. I like to have people take dose 1 immediately upon waking and the 2nd dose 8hrs later or so. That would be my recommendation.

Does the dosing immediately upon rising help with exercise-induced vomiting?

I tried yohimbine hcl, but was taking it immediately before my WO, which is normally about an hour and a half after waking. Anything above 5mg and I was pretty much guaranteed a trip to the side yard to vomit.

Thank you sir. Is it worth taking while I'm still pushing the weight up? Or is it better during a slow recomp/cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Str8shutr View Post
    Does the dosing immediately upon rising help with exercise-induced vomiting?

I tried yohimbine hcl, but was taking it immediately before my WO, which is normally about an hour and a half after waking. Anything above 5mg and I was pretty much guaranteed a trip to the side yard to vomit.
    Yikes. I've actually only thrown up once from working out, but it was secondary to drinking a lot of alcohol. I don't really have much advice here besides "don't throw up"

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson32 View Post
    Thank you sir. Is it worth taking while I'm still pushing the weight up? Or is it better during a slow recomp/cut?
    I think it's useful in both situations actually.

Previously I've heard that yohimbe is most effective when some one takes it during a fast, or upon waking up and going for a walk. Is that just broscience?

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Bo View Post
    Previously I've heard that yohimbe is most effective when some one takes it during a fast, or upon waking up and going for a walk. Is that just broscience?
    100% broscience. These are the same people that say you'll burn more fat by doing fasted cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Yikes. I've actually only thrown up once from working out, but it was secondary to drinking a lot of alcohol. I don't really have much advice here

Hmm. I had only vomitted once previous to trying yohimbine, and I believe it was partly because of a stomach bug.

I will give it a shot (upon rising), as I still have a good bit left.

Any problems with clients with high blood pressure? And more importantly, what about the erection when a well endowed member of the fairer sex strolls by during dead lifts? That could cause some serious damage.

starting strength coach development program
    Likely to be useful for someone on TRT?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast