starting strength gym

Thread: Shoulder screwed up and doesn't seem to be getting better

Default Shoulder screwed up and doesn't seem to be getting better

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I don't remember any one point of injury, but over weeks, my right shoulder starting increasingly experiencing pain and tightness. I was having to loosen up for 20-30 minutes just to be able to do low bar.

I thought it might improve if I gave it some rest/heat/ice for a week but it didn't help.

The pain is felt from shoulder to elbow (outside of arm.) It occurs now any time my arm is reaching up and backwards. Squats on are hold until I get this figured out. Even if I stretch ahead of time, it's painful doing low bar.

I'm probably going to head to the doc but I wanted to see if anyone had any pointers/ideas of what I screwed up.

Check shoulder, upper arm, rotator cuff for trigger points. Doctor probably can't help with this. See a massage therapist.

Thanks Greg, I'll try hitting the shoulder 'trigger points' with a tennis ball and look around for a good massage.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiong View Post
    a tennis ball .
    You mean the type of tennis that the Iroquois play, where they carry the ball in those sticks with the little nets at the end, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiong View Post
    Thanks Greg, I'll try hitting the shoulder 'trigger points' with a tennis ball and look around for a good massage.
    Lacrosse ball would be better..smaller and harder.