starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadlift Help

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    The injury happened in December while preparing for a competition in a 150kg warmup set of deadlifts.

I have nearly no pain down the leg. The only pain/ sore sensation is in the glute area of the painful side, sometimes down the outside of the thigh. Long sitting sometimes gets me in pain down the leg, which is reduced by the classic sciatica stretches.
    I've been to a orthopedist who did an SI-adjustment that resulted in a less pain. Returning to lifting has not been successful so far.

At the moment my rehab consists of static stretching for the area, bodyweight squats and glute bridges with a band around my thigh and lacrosse ball rolling on the glute area. I did other exercises and tried to deadlift from time to time in the last weeks but that usually made it worse. Will see if what i do now gets me pain free in everyday life so i can start getting back into training. Will try a sport physio therapist now, maybe she can help a bit.

This thread just caught my eye and i was interested in what could be the reason for the pain reduction by using band, basically forcing further work of the abductor and external rotators of the hip.

Can you squat or deadlift the empty bar? If so, consider starting there.

starting strength coach development program
    Joel,
    I think you are over thinking all of this. Stop worrying so much.

Oh, and all will of you guys who like to drop the weight like a stone after each rep, please stop. It bothers me. Lower the bar like a man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12