starting strength gym
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'll make Kevin Williamson's columns a regular feature. Then again, maybe not.

Default Maybe I'll make Kevin Williamson's columns a regular feature. Then again, maybe not.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Last edited by Mark Rippetoe; 04-13-2015 at 11:29 PM. Reason: update

You just can't help but find hornet's nests to kick, eh?

Good piece. He's been on a roll lately. His column on Lena Dunham was good too.

This forum is an excellent resource. I recommend against degrading it with politics.

Not much to say to that but Bravo!

How insensitive of you to not have posted a trigger warning!

Do you have ANY idea how many people get flashbacks when someone mentions India?

Now i'll probably be craving curry the whole day.

Thanks.

A lot.

If you can get past the condescension and dismissiveness, Williamson makes some excellent points in this article about our tendency to hand over power to the already powerful in times of perceived emergency. And, assuming he'd include the middle east and Islamoterrorists among those unreal but perceived emergencies requiring us to cede our civil liberties and great financial and human resources to the government in their efforts to "protect us," they are points I'd generally agree with. I suspect, however, based on his tone and the publication for which he writes, that he would not.

He just took on HOW many of the bubbling crises du jour? Even the old satanist day care myth. I'm just surprised he didn't include the McMartin Preschool case in that article.

The lowing sounds of many oxen being gored.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    A good read. He sure has seen some of the lies the left throws around and how far from the actual truth they are. They call people racist, rapist, global warming denier or other things to shut up anyone of a different opinion. They are indeed a great threat to freedom and they will gladly remove laws that protect your rights, all in the name of the liberal feminist left agenda to fix your mind (remove those who do not follow their cult)

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by sfischer View Post
    This forum is an excellent resource. I recommend against degrading it with politics.
    That horse left the barn years ago, new guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BMueller View Post
    If you can get past the condescension and dismissiveness, Williamson makes some excellent points in this article about our tendency to hand over power to the already powerful in times of perceived emergency. And, assuming he'd include the middle east and Islamoterrorists among those unreal but perceived emergencies requiring us to cede our civil liberties and great financial and human resources to the government in their efforts to "protect us," they are points I'd generally agree with. I suspect, however, based on his tone and the publication for which he writes, that he would not.
    The condescension and dismissiveness are the the icing on the very tall cake. And you'd be wrong if you suspect that he didn't include radical Islamists as a source of similar concern. I'll keep posting them, and you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    You just can't help but find hornet's nests to kick, eh?
    Right, it was an excellent column. I wish I could write that well.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast