starting strength gym

Thread: hip belt squats while recovering from injury

Default hip belt squats while recovering from injury

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I apologize if this topic has been mentioned. I tried to use the search field, but I getting an error message.
    So here's the deal. I have a floating rib injury. The results is I can't put a bar on my back without pain. So I am opting for HBS in the interim. (i've been doing leg press and extensions up til now). I have 2 session using HBS.

This is a first for me in terms of using HBS as an alternative to LBS. I've used them as an accessory over the years.

How much strength can I expect to maintain or lose in my LBS if I will be doing this for at least another 4 to 6 weeks? Is there a better alternative?

Also, any suggestions are welcome. thanks

I take it loading of the axial skeleton in compression is what's causing you problems? The belt squat, along with continuing the leg press, will help maintain some of your squat strength. You might also be able to do lunges holding weights in your hands, or maybe even the much maligned Bulgarian Split Squat, both which you can find out by trying, conservatively.

Impossible to say exactly how much squat strength you'll keep, but it will probably be more if you do these things than if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I take it loading of the axial skeleton in compression is what's causing you problems? .
    correct and thanks. wasn't looking for a % I understand no one could know that. I am concerned with a comp coming up in August how far behind I might be. don't know what to expect. Time will tell.
    btw, I really am liking the HBS.