starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

I wanted to check my squat form since I believe there are issues with it. The video shows my last set since I think my imbalances and mistakes are best visible when I'm at my limit. From what I can see, it seems like my ass goes up but the upper body doesn't fast enough. How should I approach fixing this issue? Do you see any other issues that I should fix? Thank you in advance for your help, I appreciate it!

Btw I know the weight may not be high enough to justify using a belt but I am using it for saftey purposes since I had a hernitated disc about 4-5 years ago. However, I have zero pain while squatting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znzhBzbzTss

Your squat is just fine, but your start position is not good. Stop leaning way the hell over at the top. Stand up straight with extended knees and hips. Finish in the same position. Aside from being seriously underweight, you have a good squat. Stand up, eat, and squat some more.

Thanks Tom for the reply and input. Funny my wife was telling me the same about the starting position, I will work on that. I thought it was ok cause I feel comfortable there.

Seriously underweight ? I am 5 foot 10 and around 200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Aside from being seriously underweight, you have a good squat. Stand up, eat, and squat some more.
    Just to re-iterate, for God's sake, EAT. A Lot.

Quote Originally Posted by PetrZampas View Post
    Seriously underweight ? I am 5 foot 10 and around 200 lbs.
    Lies. There's no way you are 5'10" and 200 lbs unless you found a way to make your bones strangely dense.

Lies. There's no way you are 5'10" and 200 lbs unless you found a way to make your bones strangely dense.
    Or hes full of shit

Thanks a lot for the reply! I am currently 5'12'' and around 165 lbs. I started SS like 4 weeks ago and gained around 4 lbs since then, so I'll try to eat. Although, for me, eating a lot is almost harder than the actual training sessions in the gym. I'll work on my starting and ending position next time, thanks for the advice!

Can I use this thread to post videos about other exercises in the future? I don't want to spam the forum with new threads but I would like to receive a form check on my power cleans once I feel comfortable while doing them.

He is not the OP. I think.

PetrZampas is responding to the wrong thread (his video is in another thread, video was locked).

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrZampas View Post
    I am 5 foot 10 and around 200 lbs.
    No, I don't believe it. I am 5' 11" and 225ish. I am at least 2 times your size. I think you are lucky if you are a buck 60...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast