starting strength gym
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your ideas for upcoming features here

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by djoksimo View Post
    Doubt this would make it to the release of the update but if you could make the button on the right side of the warm up/work set calculator screen (the one you press to get back to the main lift "screen") either a little larger or a standalone I would be your best friend forever. Some times when your adrenaline is up and your hearts going my giant thumb hits the "Switch Exercise" button accidentally and swaps between bench/OHP. Not really a big deal other than for some reason its causing a glitch where it zeros out the weight. Also somehow it screwed up the data entry once and logged my OHP at a complete 240x3x5 (my bench weight for the next workout) instead of 155. As much as I'd love to be able to add 85 pounds to my OHP in a week...
    Yeah a few people have asked for that. you'll be glad to know the whole user interface for warmups has changed, so this is not an issue in the new update.

Hi Shabu,

Thanks for the work on the app. I have been finding it helpful and useful. Looking forward to the update.

My two biggest suggestions so far are to tell the app how many of each plate I have (which I see has been suggested before) could also add 7.5lb plates for those of us who have them, so that it does not tell me to add more than I have of a particular size. (in my case I have only one pair of 25lbs, and it regularly tells me to add several 25lb plates to each side)

The alarm options. Simple ding or other notification-type sounds would be preferable to the alarm sounds. I find the existing noise options to be quite intrusive and long.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteshadow View Post
    Hi Shabu,

Thanks for the work on the app. I have been finding it helpful and useful. Looking forward to the update.

My two biggest suggestions so far are to tell the app how many of each plate I have (which I see has been suggested before) could also add 7.5lb plates for those of us who have them, so that it does not tell me to add more than I have of a particular size. (in my case I have only one pair of 25lbs, and it regularly tells me to add several 25lb plates to each side)

The alarm options. Simple ding or other notification-type sounds would be preferable to the alarm sounds. I find the existing noise options to be quite intrusive and long.
    thanks, both of those things are in the works....i think we'll get the shorter alarm in the next update, number of plates might be the update following.

This app is great and starting strength should be read by all lifters because we are all most likely doing it wrong. This for creating and continuing to improve it.

My suggestion is simple because you already have a rest timer for warmup sets. I was wondering if you plan to add a rest timer for working sets. Also, can this timer be adjusted. As our strength increases so does the need for rest.

Continue what your doing thank you for the app well worth the price. Sorry if this is already mentioned/requested.

Not sure if my message posted. But my request should be fairly simple if it's not already been requested in the next update. During warmup sets there is an auto rest timer that engages; however, when you get to your working sets this timer is now gone. Would it be possible to add this function to the working sets of an exercises maybe even add a rest timer that is customizable.

Other than that this application is great and all beginning lifters should follow this program. Thank you for continuing to update and improve the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdaly87 View Post
    This app is great and starting strength should be read by all lifters because we are all most likely doing it wrong. This for creating and continuing to improve it.

My suggestion is simple because you already have a rest timer for warmup sets. I was wondering if you plan to add a rest timer for working sets. Also, can this timer be adjusted. As our strength increases so does the need for rest.

Continue what your doing thank you for the app well worth the price. Sorry if this is already mentioned/requested.
    Hey, thanks for the feedback. Actually there is a rest timer for worksets, you just need to enable them in the "settings" -> auto start rest timer. This is pretty bad UI design so in the coming update I've fixed that so its a lot more seamless between warmups and worksets.

Aloha, any thoughts on making the forums open in a browser instead of within the app? Doesn't work very well within the app, just lost a long post when I accidentally clicked an ad and couldn't go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lylefk View Post
    Aloha, any thoughts on making the forums open in a browser instead of within the app? Doesn't work very well within the app, just lost a long post when I accidentally clicked an ad and couldn't go back.
    Ah that sucks, sorry to hear that. I didn't know people were actually posting from the app. I'll see what I can do about that, it did used to open the desktop version of the forum but somewhere along the line the forum defaulted to mobile so I'm not sure what I can do to change that.

Sorry if this has been covered,but when is the next update do?
    Great app btw.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mpow66m View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered,but when is the next update do?
    Great app btw.
    It's being rolled out this week!

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast