starting strength gym
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Found a bug or something that's not quite right? Post it here.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Strength to Bodyweight calculation doesn't seem to be working in the app for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

App is crashing or gets stuck on the loading screen. This happens when I alt-tab or close the phone.

Example: I look at my weights, close phone screen, do my reps, open phone, open app, app is crashed or frozen.

Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1. Huawei Honor 7
    2. Android 6.0
    3. I added the power cleans to my workout today. When I had finished all my sets and reps and tried to complete my workout on the app, the "complete" button (tick, whatever..) would not respond and neither anything else for few seconds. I managed to close the app, and my workout had appeared to the history, but when I checked my workout history, the app semi-crashed again and started working really slow. I'll have to see how the app will work/react next monday when I'll be training the next time.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Budgie Smuggler View Post
    Strength to Bodyweight calculation doesn't seem to be working in the app for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wonder if you have some dodgy data, can you export your data to csv file and email to me at hello@shabu.co ? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by config View Post
    App is crashing or gets stuck on the loading screen. This happens when I alt-tab or close the phone.

Example: I look at my weights, close phone screen, do my reps, open phone, open app, app is crashed or frozen.

Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    How do you alt-tab on a phone? do you mean when you take the app to the background it crashes?

There are some androids that have some funky problems like this, I haven't been able to reproduce it my end so makes it hard to work out what's causing this. You're able to get back into the app later though right? its not a permancent freeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Burutksen View Post
    1. Huawei Honor 7
    2. Android 6.0
    3. I added the power cleans to my workout today. When I had finished all my sets and reps and tried to complete my workout on the app, the "complete" button (tick, whatever..) would not respond and neither anything else for few seconds. I managed to close the app, and my workout had appeared to the history, but when I checked my workout history, the app semi-crashed again and started working really slow. I'll have to see how the app will work/react next monday when I'll be training the next time.
    Email me at hello@shabu.co.

Was data turned on at the time?
    Are you using any screen filters, like a blue light filter?

How do you alt-tab on a phone? do you mean when you take the app to the background it crashes?
    Yes changing apps does this.

There are some androids that have some funky problems like this, I haven't been able to reproduce it my end so makes it hard to work out what's causing this. You're able to get back into the app later though right? its not a permancent freeze?
    Complete freeze, usually get a blank screen and have to force close the app completely and restart.

Maybe it's because of low ram? Or maybe because it's not native? I have used some native android training apps and have 0 problems with crashing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by config View Post
    Yes changing apps does this.

Complete freeze, usually get a blank screen and have to force close the app completely and restart.

Maybe it's because of low ram? Or maybe because it's not native? I have used some native android training apps and have 0 problems with crashing etc.
    Yeah it could be either of those things -- can you try closing down all other apps and see if it happens? I am aware of a bug in the platform I'm using that may be responsible for this.

Thanks

iPhone 6S+, iOS 10.3 (bug present in the previous versions too)

Warmup progression for deadlifts are somethings wrong on first view, hitting next/next/next.. until done, then re-checking them, they're now at correct weights. I think the error is always that it's too light? Gonna grab a screenshot next time it happens, I've noticed it at least 5-6 times.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Nilsson View Post
    iPhone 6S+, iOS 10.3 (bug present in the previous versions too)

Warmup progression for deadlifts are somethings wrong on first view, hitting next/next/next.. until done, then re-checking them, they're now at correct weights. I think the error is always that it's too light? Gonna grab a screenshot next time it happens, I've noticed it at least 5-6 times.
    yeah i know about that and its fixed in the next update. thanks for reporting.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast