starting strength gym
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Found a bug or something that's not quite right? Post it here.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    On the Android app the work set timer resets too easily, if you click on any option while it's running it resets

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Alanlev View Post
    On the Android app the work set timer resets too easily, if you click on any option while it's running it resets
    new update addresses this. will be out in a few weeks.

1. Platform: iPhone 6
    2. Operating System iOS 10.3.1
    3. What is the bug? As soon as I open the app it immediately closes. I have tried shutting my phone down and still the same thing happens. This has been going on for 2 1/2 days. Thanks in advance.

Android
    Moto G
    Android version: 7.0
    Android security patch level: December 1, 2016
    Build number NPJ25.93-14
    Display 1080x1920
    RAM: 2 GB
    ROM size: 16 GB

Bug: App crashes on open. I mean, every single time I launch the app it crashes. The SECOND time I launch the app, it opens successfully.

Bug: After the crash-on-open bug, I get a prompt to report the bug about 50% of the time. When the prompt successfully allows me to, I send in the bug report.

thanks

For the above two posts, this happens in very rare cases, unfortunately the only way to fix this is to delete the app and reinstall. Sorry about that.

I finally worked out why this happens yesterday (after 6 months of pulling my hair out) and the fix will be in the big update coming in a few weeks. If you've backed up your data, you can simply restore it when you reinstall the app.

Default kg / lbs mix not properly handled in strength graphs

1. iPhone 6 64GB
    2. iOS 10.3.1
    3. I've entered some workouts in kgs and some in lbs (the gym has some weights in kgs and some in lbs so I have to keep switching). This means I've entered my bodyweight sometimes as 70kg and sometimes as 154lbs
    The Strength Progress and Strength Bodyweight charts are are not doing a proper conversion and it behaves as if my bodyweight has changed from 70lbs to 154lbs
    ...and sometimes the graph just says there's no data

Quote Originally Posted by dr1ver View Post
    1. iPhone 6 64GB
    2. iOS 10.3.1
    3. I've entered some workouts in kgs and some in lbs (the gym has some weights in kgs and some in lbs so I have to keep switching). This means I've entered my bodyweight sometimes as 70kg and sometimes as 154lbs
    The Strength Progress and Strength Bodyweight charts are are not doing a proper conversion and it behaves as if my bodyweight has changed from 70lbs to 154lbs
    ...and sometimes the graph just says there's no data
    Can you send through your data as a csv file to hello@shabu.co and we'll take a look at it.

Default Warm ups for Power Clean are same as Working weight

1. iPhone 6 64GB
    2. iOS 10.3.2
    3. Power Cleans the warm up weight is the same as the work set weight - and there are only 3 warm up sets.
    ...Although I'm wondering with Power Cleans if warm ups have been deliberately left to user discretion - even if this is the case, having guidance on warm up weights would still be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dr1ver View Post
    1. iPhone 6 64GB
    2. iOS 10.3.2
    3. Power Cleans the warm up weight is the same as the work set weight - and there are only 3 warm up sets.
    ...Although I'm wondering with Power Cleans if warm ups have been deliberately left to user discretion - even if this is the case, having guidance on warm up weights would still be helpful.
    thanks for reporting, this has been fixed in the coming update.

starting strength coach development program
    i7, iOS 10.3.2, will not allow selection of deadlift warmup. Arrow is still present on left side and really on top of warmup button.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast