starting strength gym
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Found a bug or something that's not quite right? Post it here.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimee View Post
    Phone: Sony Xeperia Z3 running android 5.1.1

* The display is 'off.' Everything seems squished together, the circles on the main screen cut over the text, and in the Training section the circles all overlap.

* I had some decent difficulty selecting the last two sets of the power clean. I had to press the little circle over 10 times on both the 4th and 5th sets before the app managed to pick it up.

* Struggling to navigate around the app without enough 'back' buttons. Example, I go into Today's training and I click on the ? button. I realise that this wasn't really something I needed to click but there isn't a way for me to click 'back' out of this screen now. The same with the warmup sets calculator. Once I start it I have to keep clicking through or force close the app. It's not a bug but it makes the app feel intuitive and yeah, I should be able to get out of something easily without a bunch of prompts and subsequent resetting of my training screen.

Thanks for the work so far!
    i'll look into this, there are some issues with android sizing on various devices.

1. Nexus4
    2. Android 5.1.1
    3. When starting new training the app adds 5kg (same amount as pounds) instead of 2,5kg to the previous excercises. (i use metric system)
    thanks
    Lopez

Love the app, but I've a sony Xperia zv3 w android, app wont let me select 4th or 5th set under powercleans, also it says under progress history that my deadlift went down one week but I've not gone down on weight, I also double checked to see if it was my error, other than that I love it, especially taking guess work out of warm-ups thanks starting strength.

The videos in the app don't do a very good job of reflecting the key points to watch when performing that particular lift. For example, the overhead press video shows someone with poor form just repeating themselves over and over. It would be much more helpful to have short but data rich videos on key form checks, similar to the "art of manliness" abbreviated versions of the originals.
    Otherwise, I just bought the app and am excited to finally have an official version!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdziadowiec View Post
    1. Nexus4
    2. Android 5.1.1
    3. When starting new training the app adds 5kg (same amount as pounds) instead of 2,5kg to the previous excercises. (i use metric system)
    thanks
    Lopez
    This will be fixed in the next build, thanks. (actually we will allow you to set whatever you want for increments for each exercise :)

Quote Originally Posted by Godtrainingfishing View Post
    Love the app, but I've a sony Xperia zv3 w android, app wont let me select 4th or 5th set under powercleans, also it says under progress history that my deadlift went down one week but I've not gone down on weight, I also double checked to see if it was my error, other than that I love it, especially taking guess work out of warm-ups thanks starting strength.
    Thanks, I've seen this power clean bug reported a few times but I've never seen it myself. can you check to see if you have the latest, updated version. If its still an issue, the next version will have an all new "sets" button which will fix all of these problems and is much easier to use. Sorry about the issues and glad you're enjoying the app.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerWeasel View Post
    The videos in the app don't do a very good job of reflecting the key points to watch when performing that particular lift. For example, the overhead press video shows someone with poor form just repeating themselves over and over. It would be much more helpful to have short but data rich videos on key form checks, similar to the "art of manliness" abbreviated versions of the originals.
    Otherwise, I just bought the app and am excited to finally have an official version!
    Thanks
    We're looking at a new system for the videos, I also think they're not great in their current form adn would prefer something with extended cues. I'm talking with Nick about this and hopefully we can get something more useful in the next version.

We could have put longer videos in but we didn't think it was useful as the app is designed for use "in gym" and having 20 minute videos streaming to your mobile phone didn't really seem like a good idea.

The progress bar is showing the press for both Monday and Wednesday. I did the bench press on Monday and strict press today. The training log reflects this, but the progress chart just shows bench ( and what looks like a decrease because my bench is higher than my strict press). I have a galaxy 6 and have no idea of the version of my android..

It is the same for me, i have a Samsung A3

starting strength coach development program
    It is the same for me, i have a Samsung A3

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast