starting strength gym
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Found a bug or something that's not quite right? Post it here.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrauthwein View Post
    iPhone 6
    iOS 10.1.1
    SS App v. 1.17.6

BUG1: The warm ups initially load as just 3 sets on deadlifts. If I exit warm ups, then go back, it correctly loads 5 warm up sets

BUG2: The warm ups for cleans load as 4 sets, with the 4th warm up set being the same as the work set weight for 3 reps. For example, 45 lbs x5, 45 x5, 105 x5, 160 x3 for warm ups, when the work set is 160 x3 reps for 5 sets
    thanks, both of those bugs are fixed in the next update.

Default Rotation

Samsung Galaxy S7
    Android 6.0.1
    The app freezes at the opening screen if the screen orientation changes while launching. Sometimes this happens without an apparent screen change if the phone is laid on a level surface. The app must be ended before it will launch successfully. Turning off auto-rotate (forcing portrait mode) prevents this from happening, but I normally use auto-rotate.

P.S.- I'm really digging this app. It's a great way to follow the program.

Quote Originally Posted by jmadre View Post
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Android 6.0.1
    The app freezes at the opening screen if the screen orientation changes while launching. Sometimes this happens without an apparent screen change if the phone is laid on a level surface. The app must be ended before it will launch successfully. Turning off auto-rotate (forcing portrait mode) prevents this from happening, but I normally use auto-rotate.

P.S.- I'm really digging this app. It's a great way to follow the program.
    Thanks for reporting that, will take a look into it. I have noticed a freeze on loading on android but wasn't sure what was causing it, maybe thats it. Thanks.

IOS 10.2 (iPad)
    SS Build # 1.1747

Not sure if this is a bug or not, I just completed my second workout using the SS app. My first workout the warmup weight for the DL started ~ 90lbs, and the last warmup set was 2 reps and ~10% less than my working set (which was 175). Today, my DL warmup was something like 135x5, 135x5, 155x5, 165x3, 175x2, then working set of 185x5. Why was today's DL warmup so different than my first workout?

iPhone 7 Plus

iOS 10.2

Can not touch on the warmup Button in deadlift - no reaction.
    If I close the app completly and open it again it is away

Sony Xperia z3 compact
    Android 6.0.1, SLiMM ROM 3.1

If you view the "Today's Training" page, go back to the home menu, go the the "Training History" page, edit a workout (make/save changes or not, doesn't matter), go back to the home menu, and then try to view the "Today's Training" page again, it just hangs and loads indefinitely. I can't re-access the "Today's Training" page at all after this unless I force close and reopen the application. I THINK I recall this happening even if you just view the "Training History" page without attempting to change anything, as well, but I've already logged my workout for the day, so I cannot confirm this right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jcatfour View Post
    Sony Xperia z3 compact
    Android 6.0.1, SLiMM ROM 3.1

If you view the "Today's Training" page, go back to the home menu, go the the "Training History" page, edit a workout (make/save changes or not, doesn't matter), go back to the home menu, and then try to view the "Today's Training" page again, it just hangs and loads indefinitely. I can't re-access the "Today's Training" page at all after this unless I force close and reopen the application. I THINK I recall this happening even if you just view the "Training History" page without attempting to change anything, as well, but I've already logged my workout for the day, so I cannot confirm this right now.
    thanks will look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Love View Post
    iPhone 7 Plus

iOS 10.2

Can not touch on the warmup Button in deadlift - no reaction.
    If I close the app completly and open it again it is away
    im redesigning the whole todays training screen, so not going to bother fixing this right now, its a known issue, i think if you go back in and out again it should fix itself.

I got a new phone. Samsung s7.
    I can no longer log into the app, which means ive lost all my progress. I can stil log onto the website/forums though its weird. I tried resetting password etc

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Trib77 View Post
    I got a new phone. Samsung s7.
    I can no longer log into the app, which means ive lost all my progress. I can stil log onto the website/forums though its weird. I tried resetting password etc
    the forum login and the app login are different. are you sure you created an account in the app?

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast