starting strength gym
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Found a bug or something that's not quite right? Post it here.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinaitch View Post
    i7, iOS 10.3.2, will not allow selection of deadlift warmup. Arrow is still present on left side and really on top of warmup button.
    Try restarting the app, this happens from time to time. Its fixed in the coming update.

This is a usability thing more than a bug (hopefully not a daft user error) but the inflexibility of the dating of workouts is an issue...

If in your exhausted post deadlift state you forget to hit the big tick at the bottom to Submit a workout, the next time you might be prompted to do so is two days later when starting a new workout. So you hit the tick to save those numbers, then hit "Today's Workout" to get your sets up... but no! You've already worked out today! Aaaaargh! No problem, we'll go back into the Workout history and adjust the dates so the app knows I last worked out two days ago... but that doesn't work either? I can change weights and reps and all sorts, but not the date?

This lockdown also frustrates a little in that you can't "peek" forward to the next workout - I know that generally it's going to add 2.5kg following successful sets across, but it's a mental thing to see it, start preparing your mind for that next jump.

Using iOS version 1.1849

Quote Originally Posted by l33sco View Post
    This is a usability thing more than a bug (hopefully not a daft user error) but the inflexibility of the dating of workouts is an issue...

If in your exhausted post deadlift state you forget to hit the big tick at the bottom to Submit a workout, the next time you might be prompted to do so is two days later when starting a new workout. So you hit the tick to save those numbers, then hit "Today's Workout" to get your sets up... but no! You've already worked out today! Aaaaargh! No problem, we'll go back into the Workout history and adjust the dates so the app knows I last worked out two days ago... but that doesn't work either? I can change weights and reps and all sorts, but not the date?

This lockdown also frustrates a little in that you can't "peek" forward to the next workout - I know that generally it's going to add 2.5kg following successful sets across, but it's a mental thing to see it, start preparing your mind for that next jump.

Using iOS version 1.1849
    Thanks for the feedback. Quite a few people have asked for that feature. I'm still thinking about the best way to do it, I suppose we could set a timer for a few hours later which checks to see if the workout has been submitted and if not it sends a notification to the phone. I'll have a think about this more.

I was thinking about having a peak at the next workout on the main menu but we just ran out of time -- the easiest way is just to open todays training, then tap "x" to cancel if its not on the same day.

iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.3.
    In historical workout entry, the keyboard will cover the check-mark to finish data entry and you have to exit app & then go back in. Sometimes if you toggle to the notes and back to data screen it will drop the keyboard, but often as not it will then reset the weights to 45lbs.

If you have entered the weights and reps for a historical workout, and hit the + to add the chin-ups it will reset the weights to 45lbs.

Other than that, great app, thnx for the build.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkiddeh View Post
    iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.3.
    In historical workout entry, the keyboard will cover the check-mark to finish data entry and you have to exit app & then go back in. Sometimes if you toggle to the notes and back to data screen it will drop the keyboard, but often as not it will then reset the weights to 45lbs.

If you have entered the weights and reps for a historical workout, and hit the + to add the chin-ups it will reset the weights to 45lbs.

Thanks, will take a look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkiddeh View Post
    iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.3.

if you tap the blue space around the exercises, it will hide the keyboard. This is probably not so obvious, but its really the only way to do it on ios.

iPhone 6S, iOS 10.3.3
    Bug 1: For Bench Press, warm up sets are 3 sets of 3 reps at the same weight as my work set instead of 5 sets of 5, 5, 5, 3, 2 of empty bar with increasing weight.
    Bug 2: Also for Bench Press, the UI for plates always shows an empty bar, no plates are displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by shanefc View Post
    iPhone 6S, iOS 10.3.3
    Bug 1: For Bench Press, warm up sets are 3 sets of 3 reps at the same weight as my work set instead of 5 sets of 5, 5, 5, 3, 2 of empty bar with increasing weight.
    Bug 2: Also for Bench Press, the UI for plates always shows an empty bar, no plates are displayed.
    yeah there is a bug in warmup sets at the moment, sometimes it sets the weight the same as the workset weight. I am looking into this. Quick fix is to change the warmup start weight in todays training by swiping the warmup / workset view to the "settings" (cog icon) and changing the warmup start weight and it will update the main view after you swipe back to it. thanks for letting me know.

can you send me a screenshot of the no plates / bench press bug? hello@shabu.co

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    yeah there is a bug in warmup sets at the moment, sometimes it sets the weight the same as the workset weight. I am looking into this. Quick fix is to change the warmup start weight in todays training by swiping the warmup / workset view to the "settings" (cog icon) and changing the warmup start weight and it will update the main view after you swipe back to it. thanks for letting me know.

thanks

Will do, sending screenshot to you at hello@shabu.co

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post

thanks
    I tried the quick fix of swiping to settings and changing the warmup start weight, but main view isn't updating, still has warmups as 3 sets of 3 at workset weight

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast