starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New app for PP? TM, HLM etc?

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Giri View Post
    That's great news. Would be interesting how HLM would look like, given it's more of a flexible template than a definite program. App should definitely have provision to create and share customized program templates because past the LP, the path and goals can vary a lot.
    I doubt we'd ever do the customised / sharing templates, last thing we want is novices messing around with a program that works, but I do want to add more advanced programs, the issue is going to be stopping people swapping programs before they've really exhausted the novice program properly.

Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    I doubt we'd ever do the customised / sharing templates, last thing we want is novices messing around with a program that works, but I do want to add more advanced programs, the issue is going to be stopping people swapping programs before they've really exhausted the novice program properly.
    I was referring to HLM templates as they are far more varied than TM.
    And someone who changes programs every week will do so no matter what :D

I don't know how you can make a useable app for anything beyond a novice if you don't make it fully customizeable. If that is not the intended market, then I don't think it's worth spending the time on. If you do want intermediates to use it, then why hamstring them. Besides, you can't make someone follow the novice progression just by limiting the app. That's up to the person. You've made it as easy as possible. Maybe if you can set a switch to modify the program between novice and intermediate. Or maybe have a second program that is for intermediates and beyond.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by schmatt View Post
    I don't know how you can make a useable app for anything beyond a novice if you don't make it fully customizeable. If that is not the intended market, then I don't think it's worth spending the time on. If you do want intermediates to use it, then why hamstring them. Besides, you can't make someone follow the novice progression just by limiting the app. That's up to the person. You've made it as easy as possible. Maybe if you can set a switch to modify the program between novice and intermediate. Or maybe have a second program that is for intermediates and beyond.
    thats really what I've been struggling with -- the app is great for novices because it doesnt allow you to do any stupid stuff or change a program that works. Anyway i'll keep plugging away at it and see if we can work out a way to make them both work in the same app.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12