starting strength gym

Thread: PC progression & Deadlift warmup

Default PC progression & Deadlift warmup

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Just started back after a few month layoff and found a couple of issues with the app. Maybe these have been addressed and I'm just behind on revision.
    1. Deadlift warm up - initial warm up has low weights and on only 3 sets. Very large difference between last warmup and work set. I page thru the warm ups and start the warm up again and it's 5 sets with good jumps between sets up to work set.
    2. Power Cleans - I didn't do PC's the first time around due to lack of available coaching on form but decided to give it a try this time. I'm only at 120lbs on work sets but my warmup is same weight with 90s between sets then I get to the work sets and weight is same but longer rest between. I realize I can change the timer so that's not a real issue. Does the warm up weight not work up to the work set weight below a certain point?

Thanks.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by ScottinPA View Post
    Just started back after a few month layoff and found a couple of issues with the app. Maybe these have been addressed and I'm just behind on revision.
    1. Deadlift warm up - initial warm up has low weights and on only 3 sets. Very large difference between last warmup and work set. I page thru the warm ups and start the warm up again and it's 5 sets with good jumps between sets up to work set.
    2. Power Cleans - I didn't do PC's the first time around due to lack of available coaching on form but decided to give it a try this time. I'm only at 120lbs on work sets but my warmup is same weight with 90s between sets then I get to the work sets and weight is same but longer rest between. I realize I can change the timer so that's not a real issue. Does the warm up weight not work up to the work set weight below a certain point?

Thanks.
    What version of the app are you using?

For deadlifts, check the "settings -> warmup start weight" and see if there is anything weird in there, sometimes there is a bug that changes it to a weird number.
    What is the warmup start weight and workset weight for power cleans? are you also getting 3 sets ?

Both PC and DL had 4590lb starting weights. I changed them but can't check if it'll work until tomorrow since I already logged a workout today.

Build number 1.1747
    Database version 1.3

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by ScottinPA View Post
    Both PC and DL had 4590lb starting weights. I changed them but can't check if it'll work until tomorrow since I already logged a workout today.

Build number 1.1747
    Database version 1.3
    yeah thats a known bug, please just change it back to the regular weight and it should be sweet.