starting strength gym

Thread: Switching Deadlift and Cleans. Forever.

Default Switching Deadlift and Cleans. Forever.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    First of all . . . great app. Once I got used to it (a workout or 2), it has been fantastic.

When I deadlift, I do it on the same day that I bench (B). Similarly, when I do cleans it is on the same day that I do presses (A). My understanding of The Program is that this is perfectly acceptable and even quite common (although please correct me if this is frowned upon). However, in the app it won't automatically recognize this kind of schedule so I have punch the 'switch exercise' option for the deadlift/clean for every training session.

At worst, this is a minor inconvenience, but I was wondering if perhaps I've missed some setting or trick to get the app to understand that I clean on Workout A instead of Workout B.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by fogbutter View Post
    First of all . . . great app. Once I got used to it (a workout or 2), it has been fantastic.

When I deadlift, I do it on the same day that I bench (B). Similarly, when I do cleans it is on the same day that I do presses (A). My understanding of The Program is that this is perfectly acceptable and even quite common (although please correct me if this is frowned upon). However, in the app it won't automatically recognize this kind of schedule so I have punch the 'switch exercise' option for the deadlift/clean for every training session.

At worst, this is a minor inconvenience, but I was wondering if perhaps I've missed some setting or trick to get the app to understand that I clean on Workout A instead of Workout B.
    The reason we do it like that is that we purposefully make it hard to make changes to the novice program, because the more leeway we give people to make changes to the program, the less people actually follow the program. And we want people to follow the program as prescribed because it works.

So for now you'll just have to keep using "switch exercise". Sorry about that.