starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the SSS board.

Default Welcome to the SSS board.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This board will deal with topics directly related to the seminars, and may be accessed by everybody interested. Questions about attendance, content, preparation, testing, and registration are appropriate for the board. When our schedule goes hot, it will be posted here first. Check back often if you're interested in attending.

I'm really looking forward to the Starting Strength Coach seminar for next year. Already setting the cash aside, can you give us an idea as to cost?

The cost will be $795. Start your savings plan now. Here's the current version of the official poop:

The Starting Strength Seminar is the first of its type in the fitness industry. The SSS teaches the methods of basic barbell training detailed in Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training and Practical Programming for Strength Training. This method deconstructs the five basic barbell exercises down to their elements in skeletal and muscular anatomy, and then derives a system for performing and coaching them based on the biomechanics of the loaded human body moving in a gravitational framework.

The Starting Strength Seminar is an intensive exposure to all the information from which the Starting Strength system is derived. The 3-day format allows for an in-depth exploration of the theoretical basis of the system, as well as a thorough under-the-bar practical session for each exercise. The basics of coaching, biomechanics, lifting efficiency, and safety are developed into a logical and effective system of barbell training that forms the best possible foundation for any strength and conditioning program.

The Starting Strength Seminar offers two levels of completion. Attendance at the seminar provides an educational experience in barbell training that is absolutely unavailable anywhere else in the fitness education market. Competence in the system will also be evaluated by the staff on the ability of the participant to demonstrate understanding as both athlete and coach in the practical sessions, as well as an online exam that can be taken after the seminar. The attendee that passes the examination and has shown the ability to apply efficient mechanical analysis and to adequately coach the Starting Strength method is granted a Starting Strength Coach certificate.

It is recommended that the candidate come prepared with a background in weight training, a working knowledge of muscular and skeletal anatomy, familiarity with the foundational texts, and a willingness to communicate effectively.
    Last edited by Mark Rippetoe; 11-05-2009 at 11:37 PM.

I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere, but when will we be able to sign up and pay for future seminars. I want to commit my bonus $ to this before wifey gets ahold of it.

Default New Seminar

Will the total number of attendees and ratio of students to staff be the same as before, or will you set a limit for the number of students?

The schedule is up for the first of 2010 on the other thread. We will have the registration links hot very soon. And the cap of 25 people per seminar will be the same.

Default question

Hey coach, quick question... does this cost include anything (besides 3 days of amazing learning)? Any meals, etc?

Just trying to plan accordingly. Thanks!

No. Plan on feeding yourself.

Default Overseas seminars? Australia?

Rip,
    What would it take to get you to Australia to do a seminar here? I don't know how many SS people are here in Oz, but I wonder if there's enough to make it worth your heading over, and if so, roughly what it would cost, what you'd require in terms of facilities etc? We can do some pretty good steaks here, and the beer is good.

Also, I know there's a few Aussies here (and maybe some Kiwis?), maybe a roll call to see how many of us there are? I'm in Melbourne, my gym is the aboc PowerHaus : http://www.powerhaus.com.au/ in Vermont (near Nunawading and Mitcham)

starting strength coach development program
    It is being discussed even as I type.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast