starting strength gym

Thread: Gig Harbor Seminar - Thank You

Default Gig Harbor Seminar - Thank You

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I signed up for the Gig Harbor Seminar basically as soon as it was announced. The couple weeks prior to the seminar were really stressful and I was debating whether to try to sell my spot. Instead, I decided to go anyway and see what I'd learn. I'm so thankful that I did.

The sheer amount of feedback, encouragement, and knowledge that I received from the weekend dwarfed the price of admission. I have been working my way through this method for a while with a couple of interruptions for injuries and surgeries (unrelated to lifting, but detrimental to progress) and I almost can't believe how much I got out of the coaching. It was humbling and inspiring to see how much progress I have available to me.

It has been said before, but now I have seen it and can confirm - Starting Strength coaches are an amazing lot and their ability to diagnose and correct issues in these lifts is without peer. Matt, Brent, Tom, Wolf, Dr. Feigenbaum: I thanked you all but I want to do so again for your expert work with all of us. I expect it to be life changing. Thank you the folks at Gig Harbor Strength and Fitness for hosting (and providing really good coffee!). And Rip, thanks for your advice, and for writing the book.

I'm still going to coach my wife, though. (I'll get some help from Anne Marie for both of us.)

Brent Carter is offline Owner, Starting Strength Dallas
    Starting Strength Coach

Thank you for the kind words. It was great working with you and I'm glad you decided to attend.

Jesse, you did a fantastic job this weekend! It was so rad to be in the same group with you 4 out of 5 times and see you work so hard on the platform. It was a real pleasure to get to know you. Good luck with your lifting! Maybe we'll be in the same gym again sometime.

- Katherine

Quote Originally Posted by MissusTufnel View Post
    Jesse, you did a fantastic job this weekend! It was so rad to be in the same group with you 4 out of 5 times and see you work so hard on the platform. It was a real pleasure to get to know you. Good luck with your lifting! Maybe we'll be in the same gym again sometime.

- Katherine
    Thank you so much! Your coaching was fantastic and it was great to get to know you as well. Can't wait to follow your adventures and I hope we run into each other again.

I continue to kick myself for not signing up for this and driving down from Vancouver. Next time I am there!