starting strength gym

Thread: A pair of eyes for my deadlift

Default A pair of eyes for my deadlift

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I train alone and have always been a little nervous about progressing this lift without having had any coaching. As I'm primarily concerned about the efficiency and safety of my back position, I have filmed myself directly from a side-on angle, as opposed to the generally recommended 3/4 view.

http://youtu.be/SZwmU2O1JYY

(Sorry about the jumping camera; it was important to me that the thunderous crash of my 225 pound deadlift look and sound way more super epic than it was.)

Thanks for your time!

Chris

You have a rather pronounced rounding of the upper back at the start, but you flatten it out nicely before the bar comes off the floor. Your low back is locked in extension for every rep. You have a touch of flexion in the upper back, but nothing problematic. In fact, your pulls look pretty good. Be sure to drag the bar up the legs, if you are not already (cannot really tell from rear side angle). Work hard to keep your upper back tight, but keep adding weight. Things look good.

Much appreciated, Tom. I was worried I was coming a little undone on the later reps, but I was failing to consistently drag the bar up the legs, so I'll be sure to make a more concerted effort to do this.

Now to add some damn weight to the bar...!