starting strength gym

Thread: Wrist Straps - Video Request

Default Wrist Straps - Video Request

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have the dreaded fat hand, short finger problem. I have the straps recommended by Rip (seat belt), thankfully acquired from someone on this board.

Call me stupid, but I can't figure out how to use the little bastards very well. I combed the board and resource section looking for a good video, and noticed Rip did one on knee wraps.

Does anyone know of a good video for helping learn to strap the wrists? Any tips?

I'll be using seat belt straps today when I do some snatch grip DLs. I'll see if anyone at the gym is available to film.

Rip demonstrates strap use in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0t_hCzUgvM

Quote Originally Posted by jkolt View Post
    Call me stupid, but I can't figure out how to use the little bastards very well.
    Is there something specific you're having trouble with? I think you'll find it is mostly just a practise issue. It takes a while to get good at using them and it's worse if you're trying to learn in a less friendly position (snatch vs rack pull).

I couldn't have told you what I was doing wrong until I saw this video. At 4:21 I can see that both ends of the strap wrap in parallel under the bar, loop back over, and are tightened and held in the fist. My error was crossing the straps, with a twist at my experimentations worst. I probably got this bright idea from my history of using looped straps.

Some things are just easier seen than explained. That was very helpful. Thanks!