starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadlift help, if you would be so kind

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    How young do I look?

I did have some significant DOMS in the lumbar for 2 days following those pulls, so I definitely need to hold my back together better like you are saying. Very useful information in that explanation, thanks Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    The more you can look like a turtle while pulling, the better.
    I tried to look like a turtle, but ended up looking like a dog taking a shit. Am i doing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobnorton View Post
    I tried to look like a turtle, but ended up looking like a dog taking a shit. Am i doing it right?
    Yep. Channel your spirit animal.
    Last edited by Tom Campitelli; 08-27-2015 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Eye c'ant spel.

Mr. Campitelli,

Here I am again requesting your advice. I did not feel the "pulling" on the lumbar like I did last time, so I'm hoping that the DOMS doesn't hit like it did last time as well. Do you feel the rounding looks improved? And if so, would you recommend going up to 310 next week? I have no idea what the lockout issues are on those last couple reps are all about. It has never been an issue for me until last week.

https://youtu.be/QPSHENtF4qg

Thanks as always good sir!

starting strength coach development program
    First one was textbook. Then you started to round a little more, but things are improving. Go up by five pounds. Keep working to hold on to your back angle. You have a little bit of a tendency to extend the legs and raise the butt before the weight moves off the ground. There is no reason to do an SLDL. Set your back hard and drag the bar up the legs. See if that last cue gets you to use that knee extension to make the bar go up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12