starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any SS coach near Texarkana?

Default Any SS coach near Texarkana?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello,

I'm trying to find someone my brother can potentially meet up with. I tried searching the coach feature but it asked for names of an coach. I figured it would have a city.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shawn

The map is pretty clear and easy to use: SSCA : Coaching

You can search by country, state, city too. It is not limited to name, but too many people had problems using a search that doesn't fix inputs. If you put in a city, you should have seen all the helpful instructions in case of not finding a match. You did see this right?

Hello Stef,
    I researched as best I could and perhaps my server has an issue. I initially read the prompts correctly, and found the Texas coaches with no problem. I wasn't going to bother you with this, however, on four seperate test searches of the generic USA, I received four different lists. A list of 39, 49, 50, and around 57 coaches. Odd....
    For fun I placed Holland, Portland (OR) and a handful of other popular cities that are adjacent to known/listed SS coaches and received a non matching criteria respone from the coach resource link;the known adjacent coaches/city did not return as neighboring matches.
    I also punched in Tom Campitelli and received a non match search response for a close name or city (Oakland / Berkeley) .Any thoughts ?

Thanks for your time,

Shawn

Search by state. If you search by city the search will only show coaches in that specific city, of which there may not be any. So do a search for Texas. It will show all coaches in Texas.

Like I said, Shawn, the search does not correct for the width you use. It doesn't sub names or cities. Searching "USA" doesn't give 39, 49, 50, or around 57 responses. Cast your net intelligently or use the map.

Quote Originally Posted by L78M22SS View Post
    Hello Stef,
    I researched as best I could and perhaps my server has an issue. I initially read the prompts correctly, and found the Texas coaches with no problem. I wasn't going to bother you with this, however, on four seperate test searches of the generic USA, I received four different lists. A list of 39, 49, 50, and around 57 coaches. Odd....
    For fun I placed Holland, Portland (OR) and a handful of other popular cities that are adjacent to known/listed SS coaches and received a non matching criteria respone from the coach resource link;the known adjacent coaches/city did not return as neighboring matches.
    I also punched in Tom Campitelli and received a non match search response for a close name or city (Oakland / Berkeley) .Any thoughts ?

Thanks for your time,

Shawn
    I cannot reproduce this first one. I type in "USA" and get 97 results every time. However, when I type in "Tom Campitelli," no results come up. That is because I am listed in there as "Thomas Campitelli." You would probably need a more robust search algorithm to produce non-verbatim matches like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Can you alter the algorithm(s), or are you stuck with the .php script(s) as-is?
    I don't administer the website. There is certainly a technical solution to this problem. I don't have a feel for the complexity involved, or if it would require code to be written to make it happen.

I put in "Oklahoma", and nothing came up. I was confused. Now I'm more confused. This is really confusing.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    I put in "Oklahoma", and nothing came up. I was confused. Now I'm more confused. This is really confusing.
    So there are no SS coaches in Oklahoma...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast