starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Snatch Re-Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I tried implementing these cues. I think I did a better job of staying over the bar for a while longer. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okw5DDJE0aQ

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by BGish1984 View Post
    Also, is there a useful cue that I can think of that will allow me to stay over the bar longer. I was maybe thinking of " keep my shoulders over the bar for as long as possible".
    not sure there is anything useful to say after Tom has spoken, but just on the offchance I would like to offer my 2p.
    I have been looking for an answer to your identical question for a while. Recently, I seem to have finally sussed it, and managed to find a cue that appears to work (to be confirmed with heavier weights).
    What I do, is to think about starting the pull with the hips. I think of my hips as the first thing that moves upwards. The mental model that seems to work best is 'just raise your hips'.
    With any other cue, I was starting the pull 'with the shoulders'; with this, I can see the whole pull works better, the back keeps the angle relative to the floor for much longer.

Hope this helps, although clearly YMMV.

IPB

starting strength coach development program
    These continue to improve. Get the bar moving a little faster, but be sure to keep your arms straight (think of locking your triceps) until you finish the jump. Also, more weight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12