starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fraction Weights - where to get quality ones from?

Default Fraction Weights - where to get quality ones from?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Guys i did not found any better sub-forum so i post here.

Basicly we're equipping our S&C facility right now. We will get some nice bumpers (our country has facility that actually makes them and is a part-time exporter for the YORK bumper plates for USA).

So everything from 5 to 25kg is covered.

BUT we need some smaller ones. I need 2kg or 2,5kgs and 1kg. Also 0,5kg and MAYBE 0,250kgs would be nice to have.

Now i was only able to locate the following suppliers for plates in the world:
    2 Chinese brands
    Eleiko (but they dont have smaller than 0,5kg)
    Rogue
    Iron Woody
    Watson Gym UK
    Ader Fitness
    Plate Mate
    Vulcan

Comments: WE'RE IN EUROPE (Bulgaria) So:
    Chinese brands seems not an option. Have heard reviews that they have way too much of a slack.
    Eleiko are an option since they're nearby actually and no taxes, big shipping would be an obstacle. We might even get a discount for a larger order!! Still on the expensive end though..
    Ader doesn't seem much of a charming quality since its some amazon-sold-only brand i believe..
    IRON WOODY no longer sell that product, or i would've gotten them.
    Rogue makes a perfect copy of Iron Woody. They seem very good but i do not like copies and total imitations... i do not like this part in the industry where you steal someone's idea to sell it 5$ cheaper so Rogue would be my final option.
    Watson... we have some of their bars and i'm totally DIS-satisfied with their steel and quality, besides the plates are not colored (we can color them i know) and don't really look forward to buying from them again.
    Now PLATE MATE seem awesome but very very expensive so not an option for now.
    Vulcan's are not bad but if i remember they only have a small range (will check dat again).

Any more brands i've missed?

I want a good product (no slack flopping like a pair of flip-flop sandals) but at the same time not the most-expensive shit.
    Also European retailers are with higher priority.

Opinions? Ideas? What are your fraction weights? Home made?

Thank you!!

Not an option. With the international order he said that it goes costly. Also they're not colored as we need. And MOST MOST importantly - i forgot to add we need them in KGs.

Another big brand that sells them?

Looks like you've already nailed down all your options. See? Didn't need our help at all!

I've also nailed out why they're not an option.

And i've been wondering for more options. I thought i might be missing companies that make them (and hopefully some of them having European branch)??

Rogue makes a perfect copy of Iron Woody. They seem very good but i do not like copies and total imitations... i do not like this part in the industry where you steal someone's idea to sell it 5$ cheaper so Rogue would be my final option.
    Sounds like an option to me.

Except the moral reason, which is probably the strongest.

I got the Ader from Amazon. (I have Dan's too.) The set of Ader plates that I have are extremely accurate. Measured on my kitchen scale, they are spot on.

starting strength coach development program
    I don't get it...copies? They're metal rings. What is there to copy? That they painted them colors? I'm pretty sure everyone copied off of everyone else when they decided to make round metal discs that had mass.

You are in Europe. It looks like it's either Rogue or pay for international shipping.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast