starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check

Default Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I apologise for the blinding light, i'm still trying to figure out my filming setup. But i block some of it with my legs, hopefully enough.

20160129 211307 - YouTube

Looks like you are on your toes a little. Rock back off your toes to start so that you are in the middle of your foot. Don't drop your butt much at all when you do that.

Still looks like you are slightly on your toes and pushing the bar forward with your shins as you start. Get off your toes. Drag the bar up the legs the whole way.

Should i be standing closer to the bar in the setup? Because otherwise i can't figure out how to get off my toes if i can't lower the butt.

By rocking back a little off your toes, putting a little more weight on your heels. The human body pivots at the ankle, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Looks like you are on your toes a little. Rock back off your toes to start so that you are in the middle of your foot. Don't drop your butt much at all when you do that.
    Of all the issues in barbell training this is the one I have the most difficulty spotting - by far. And it's probably the most common issue I hear SS coaches call out at seminars.

What are you looking for specifically? Shoulders too far in front of the bar?

starting strength coach development program
    THis is one of those things like explaining an elephant to a blind man. Come to a seminar. We can show you live.

But, things I might look for / see might include but not be limited to: weight on toes, arm angle, location of shoulders in relation to bar, hip height when all other set-up is correct. Etc, etc, etc