starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check, 110kg

Default Squat check, 110kg

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello coaches! I feel incredibly rude posting in this section - in fact I din't even know it existed! Could I bother some of you with my squat form please? I have included two videos - set 1 and set 3 from today's workout. Set 1 looks, to my untrained eye, pretty good, but set 3 - well, it looks a little rushed and a bit fidgety (knee cave, slight heel raise, bouncing the bar).
    I'm wearing wrist wraps as I have had some pretty nasty neck, shoulder, arm and wrist pain in the past that I'm still dealing with. This is mainly down my left side. The wraps seem to make sure my wrist is straight, and helps with the pain. I'm due an MRI for these symptoms on Thursday.

Anyhoo, without further ado, please give me your thoughts on the following.

Set 1
    110kg squats set 1 - YouTube

Set 3

110kg squats set 3 - YouTube

Thank you for your time.

Rude?

Man, you haven't met rude until you get Campitelli jumping all over your ass about reading the damn sticky that he spent YEARS of his life writing on how to post to this forum and how to film form-checks. Important shit, like POST ONE VIDEO and stuff like that.

But you didn't get Campielli. You got me. The less polite one.

I have no idea why we took the time to write the damn thing - no one ever fucking reads it. And the ones who do think THEY ARE THE SPECIAL FUCKING SNOWFLAKE that is the OBVIOUS EXCEPTION to Our Learned Guidance.

But I watched your damn video, you know, the ONLY ONE YOU POSTED, and noted that you could widen your grip and then get your hands down a little more and GRIP THE BAR, and that you could get your knees out a little better on the descent, and KEEP THEM OUT better on the ascent. Other than that these look pretty good, especially considering your illiteracy.

Now, go forth and fix these minor issues and post One. Single. Video. Next time or I'll get Tom to answer.

Ok, ok, keep your shirt on! FYI, I am my mother's special snowflake. So there.

A total fuck-up on my behalf. I won't lie - I didn't read the sticky. I decided not to because, well. I don't have an excuse.
    I did, however, read the sticky after posting, and thought "sod it, no-one will reply. I shall post in a week or so". But no, I go and get shot down instead.

But seriously, sorry for being an illiterate fool. And thank you for looking at the video. I owe you a cookie.

Chocolate chunk is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hill View Post
    I have no idea why we took the time to write the damn thing - no one ever fucking reads it. And the ones who do think THEY ARE THE SPECIAL FUCKING SNOWFLAKE that is the OBVIOUS EXCEPTION to Our Learned Guidance.
    Maybe re-title the readme to something like "Before posting a form check read this (or you won't get a response)"