starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squat form check 335x5

Default Squat form check 335x5

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello SS coaches,

This is my last set of squats from Tuesday, I feel like my knees are sliding a bit at the bottom, and that I lose a bit of tightness in the hole, I also have a bit of trouble mentally descending into the bottom position when the weight feels really heavy, anyways, thanks for any critique or feedback.

Squat form check 335x5 - YouTube

Tough angle to say for sure, but I suspect that you are overdoing the knees out on the way down and not getting your knees forward enough. As you get to the bottom, they come forward and in, exacerbated by your tendency to lift the chest. Stand up tall at the top of every rep. Knees farther forward early and not so far out. Drive your ass up. Don't lift your chest.

Hi Tom, and thanks for the feedback, sorry about the angle, these squats are from yesterday, I filmed a rear 45 view this time, these are my last set of squats at 340x5x3. Do these look any better?

Decent squats, but you need to go deeper. Also, don't arch your back and lift your chest. Stay tight, chest down, drive up all the way to the top with your hips.

Hey man, I think I remember a video you posted like late last year where you were going 330x5 during your LP. Did you get injured or something? Please disregard if I've got you mixed up with someone else. Hope I get as strong as you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by tfranc View Post
    Hey man, I think I remember a video you posted like late last year where you were going 330x5 during your LP. Did you get injured or something? Please disregard if I've got you mixed up with someone else. Hope I get as strong as you soon!
    Yeah, that was me, I didn't get injured,although my back was still kinda fucked up, I was going through a very difficult time though, I was binge eating to deal with my depression and social anxiety, and was hospitalized due to suicidal ideation, so yeah, didn't really want to train that much, lol. And thanks man haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jake272 View Post
    Yeah, that was me, I didn't get injured,although my back was still kinda fucked up, I was going through a very difficult time though, I was binge eating to deal with my depression and social anxiety, and was hospitalized due to suicidal ideation, so yeah, didn't really want to train that much, lol. And thanks man haha.
    Damn dude. That's great that you conquered that and are back to kicking ass in the gym though. May you keep making them gainzzz!

Tom, to me it appears he at least starts with pretty good hip drive, correct? Or am I just getting tricked by the lumbar extension?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JimtheConquerer View Post
    Tom, to me it appears he at least starts with pretty good hip drive, correct? Or am I just getting tricked by the lumbar extension?
    He starts with his hips, but he is lifting his chest for the majority of the ascent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast