starting strength gym

Thread: Low-bar rack position squat check.

Default Low-bar rack position squat check.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Following on from my last post, this one includes my set-up at the start due to the suggestion that I may not have the bar low enough.

67.5kg ? Set 3 on Vimeo

It feels like it locks in, my arms certainly can't flex any further backwards than this (pushing it further down would require a reasonable straining the muscles somewhat).

Im also straining to attempt to get my wrists out from under the bar as per suggested in the previous post and in this starting strength video.

Any/all constructive feedback is much appreciated.

I remember that thread now. It looks like you still have the bar up a little too high. BEFORE TAKING IT OUT OF THE RACK, get under the bar with it up on your traps in the high bar position. DON'T TAKE IT OUT OF THE RACK. Get your hands in place, raise your elbows, and slowly, without breaking contact with the bar, slide yourself further under the bar till it "sticks" and won't move further down without significant effort and force on your part. That's the shelf the bar will sit on, and will be there as long as your elbows are up. Now, with the bar stuck in that position, stand up straight to take the bar out of the rack.

For your squat, you're going down super tentatively and pausing at the bottom. Don't slow your descent so much, but STOP just below parallel. I recall this was an issue last video too. You're fairly close to the right position at the bottom (you could stand to lean over a bit more), but then you go deeper and let your knees slide and torso becomes more vertical. So go down a bit faster, stay tight and bounce just below parallel (no pause), and then drive your hips to get back up.