starting strength gym

Thread: Squat and Deadlift Form check

Default Squat and Deadlift Form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I didn't squat or deadlift at all from March to May because of SI joint soreness that was so bad I couldn't even straighten my lower back. The pain has abated and I've reset. Current numbers are far from my maxes and it would help to get some more eyes on these. The squats are set two out of three at 305. These felt pretty good. The deadlifts on the other hand, felt ok but it seems my hips are too low, especially after the two first two reps. Rep three in particular gets way out in front.

[VIDEOhttps://youtu.be/dassLuR1JBE?t=20s[/VIDEO]

Calm,

Your big issue here is a lack of hip drive. You are leading with your chest and overextending your spine a little in the process. I suspect this may be aggravating your back. You are also almost stopping and allowing yourself to relax at the bottom. Get tighter. Drive your butt up all the way to the top.

Tom,

Thanks for the feedback. After you pointed it out I did notice the overextension - the 10 degree curve in my upper back may not be helping. Staying tight at the bottom is a problem I have always had. I took another video today. This is the first set of 310. I tried to get a more horizontal back angle to facilitate hip drive but I'm not sure I actually did anything.

Also any thoughts on the deadlift from OP?

Thou shalt read the sticky.

Ok, thanks.