starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check

Default Squat check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Prior check here was told to get toes and knees out more. http://startingstrength.com/resource...uat-check.html

Been working on that, I also widened my stance just slightly and started using a belt, makes things feel a bit different. My hands opening is probably an issue that I will need to fix.

This is my 3rd set of 255lbx5.

Between the 1st 2 reps I edited out some time, my daughter decided to walk across the platform, I didn't rack, just stood there.

Thank you.

Squats look pretty good. Depth on a few is questionable. Stop taking so much time at the top. Just get the damn set over with. All you are doing up there is getting tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Squats look pretty good. Depth on a few is questionable. Stop taking so much time at the top. Just get the damn set over with. All you are doing up there is getting tired.
    Once again, thank you for the feedback. I did notice right away the time it took between reps, so I did address that my last workout, 1 to 2 breaths betweeen reps max, I do notice a big difference doing that. I currently am following Sunday: heavy squat, Tuesday: light squat, Thursday: heavy squat.

Correcting depth shouldn't be an issue as I really thought I was going to deep previously, so I am trying to squat higher.

Here is my last workout 3rd set at 260x5, little bit different angle, are these too high?

Those squats looked pretty damn good. Your rack obscures your hip crease, but I think 1 and 2 were high. The others may have been okay.