starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift check #2

Default Deadlift check #2

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi coaches,

I did a deadlift check a couple of weeks ago and was told to get tighter.

This is me deadlifting 172,5 kg. I can, obviously, see my self that my lower back still has the consistency of Jello. But I have a couple of other issues, it would seem that might contribute to my lack of tightness. It seems I am too far in front of the bar on most (if not all) of those reps. I felt it clearly this time, as the bar would swing away from me as I lift it from the floor. Now my question is whether this is because I place my feet too close to the bar or because I should shift my weight more to my heels that I currently do? On some reps, it seems that I do lean back onto my heels before lifting (but after I squeeze) and barpath is better on those reps. I feel like I would be able to get a better squeeze if I get into the correct position before squeezing.

The irregular plates make the bar go all over the place which is why I need to reset between reps. I only have a month left in this gym, so it's not really worth it to fork out for a pair of regular shaped plates.

Thanks in advance

Rock back off your heels, squeeze a whole helluva lot more and harder - I would guess that you don't really know how to do this and revisiting the book sections and videos may help, though sometimes it just needs to be taught in person - and actively keep the bar on your legs.

Thanks for the feedback! I will do my best to improve, and post a new video.