starting strength gym

Thread: DL Check

Default DL Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm at doubles now on my deads, gona go for a 1RM in a couple of weeks. Last time I posted I was ending my 5's at 470. Here is 505 for a double, just want an opinion to see how much my form is deteriorating at the heavy weights. Thanks!
    505x2 - YouTube

It's not deteriorating too badly. In the first rep, you set your back but could use that set to pull more slack out of the bar before you pull. Then initiate with quads/knee extension rather than back extension.

In the second rep, you put the bar down forward of mid-foot and set from there. Watch your hips rise up before the bar starts moving. Try to put the bar down closer to where you picked it up from, but regardless, roll it back to mid-foot and then touch your shins to it, breath & squeeze up, and drag up from there. Don't pull it from a couple inches forward of mid-foot.

Also, read the sticky about separating your form check requests on different lifts by a week or two. You've posted two form checks within a couple days of each other. I took both, but space things out a more in the future. Our voluntary staff corps here is busy.

Thanks for taking a look, and yea, I have gotten carried away with form checks lately. I'll space them out more in the future. My apologies