starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check

Default Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Greetings Coaches,
    After my last thread Deadlift help , I have been stretching my hips and learning to keep my back tight for a year, and I can finally get my back straight when I set up for the deads now. Thank you!

As the weight increase I realized that my back lose the curve once the bar leaves the floor, I want to ask if this is acceptable or should I drop some weight? This is a video of my recent workout, sorry it is not a set of five because the problem only occur on low reps deadlift. Deadlift form check

Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by alvinchan View Post
    Greetings Coaches,
    After my last thread Deadlift help , I have been stretching my hips and learning to keep my back tight for a year, and I can finally get my back straight when I set up for the deads now. Thank you!

As the weight increase I realized that my back lose the curve once the bar leaves the floor, I want to ask if this is acceptable or should I drop some weight? This is a video of my recent workout, sorry it is not a set of five because the problem only occur on low reps deadlift. Deadlift form check

Thank you for your time.
    Your link to the video is bad. Hopefully it will not take you a year to learn to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hill View Post
    Your link to the video is bad. Hopefully it will not take you a year to learn to fix this.
    Sorry about that, I should've tested the link before I post it, here it is- Deadlift help , Deadlift form check

These are OK, although you extend your knees a little too much as the bar gets near them (note the bar path at the top of the rep).

Now post a heavy set of 5.

Thank you for replying so quickly, do you mean I shouldn't fully extend my knees before the bar go pass them?

I just finished my deadlift session today, I'll upload another video in a few days, thank you!

Thank you for replying so quickly, do you mean I shouldn't fully extend my knees before the bar go pass them?

I just finished my deadlift session today, I'll upload another video in a few days, thank you!
    Yes

Hi Steve I just came back from the gym and did some deads, I think that I was not pulling my chest hard enough today... I only did 3 on my first set Deadlift 142kg, so I drop some weight but still failed the 5th rep on my second set Deadlift 137kg. Thanks again for your time.

You see how you rock back onto your heels and drop your hips right before you pull? Don't do that. Also note your low back rounding.

Yes I do, and do you think my back is okay on my second set? Or should I drop more weight on the bar to keep my back straight?

starting strength coach development program
    Yes I do, and do you think my back is okay on my second set? Or should I drop more weight on the bar to keep my back straight?
    It's better, but it's still letting go a little. This means you're cheating the squeeze-up.

Here: Let Niki help you. Squeezing the Bar Off the Floor | Niki Sims