starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello, and thanks for this great service which you all provide.

I'm a female, 5'2", 135 lbs, and about 1.5 months into my LP. Squat has gone from 45 to 135 (which I'll be hitting tomorrow). I was hoping that one of you would be kind enough to critique my squat form. Thanks for your time.

125x3x5 - YouTube

There is an awful lot I cannot see here because the plates are in the way. Please read the sticky on how to film form checks. Slow your descent a little and keep your chin down. Kicking your head back is a bad habit. I have a sneaky suspicion this is a high bar squat, but I cannot say for sure from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    There is an awful lot I cannot see here because the plates are in the way. Please read the sticky on how to film form checks. Slow your descent a little and keep your chin down. Kicking your head back is a bad habit. I have a sneaky suspicion this is a high bar squat, but I cannot say for sure from here.
    I had a feeling this would be the case. I was trying to decide which video was less shitty because my other video is from 45 degrees, but I'm wearing a black hoodie. I read the sticky before posting and saw that black doesn't make this any easier either. Hopefully will this suffice! Again, thanks and my apologies for the videos.

Slow down your descent slightly. Drive your knees out more and keep them out harder on the ascent. Don't lift your chest. Instead, drive your hips up.

Thank you so much! I appreciate it very much. I try to focus on staying in my hips, but I couldn't really gauge how good my hip drove was!

starting strength coach development program
    You are welcome. Best of luck with your training.