starting strength gym

Thread: DL form check

Default DL form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Male 5'7 age 31 BW 197 best lifts in the last month Squat 420x2 Bench 205x5x3 Press 190x2 DL 420x1 w/straps

Not a novice but I've always struggled with DL. A few months back I switched off sumo to conventional to be able to compete in the upcoming SS competition. I have always squatted more than I can DL, but the degree to which I'm struggling to progress my DL is concerning. I had a friend look at these two videos and give me some feedback. He says I'm setting up with too much vertical back angle. So I am posting both here since 1 is with straps and 1 is without. 1st video is 405x2 with straps, the other is the fail at 420 using mix grip. I did the set at 405 after failing 420. I did read the DL posting rules. I dont have a video of a set of 5 over 75% to share. I dont DL again until late next week and would like to be able to go into that session to start addressing issues. My feet are semi visible in the video and I do apologize for the other rules I break. Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, it looks like the bar is a little ahead of your midfoot. Let's see a set of five without straps and where we can see your feet and shins better. Are you training at Citadel/Rohr? It looks like where I lifted when I was in town for Raw Nationals this year.

Also, you bench 205 for 5 and press 190 for 2? That is an usually strong press for those bench press numbers.

I didnt take these videos originally with the intent to post them. Will get better ones this week. Yep that is Citadel, humbling place. Lots of really strong people in there. There is a dude in one of these that you can see for a second that DLs in the 700s at like 220lbs. I had no idea it existed until a couple months ago. I have been dealing with shoulder issues for the better part of a year and the only lift I really couldnt do was bench. Kept a press focused routine but the lack of benching and overall volume really limited my progress.