starting strength gym

Thread: Novice Squat Form Check

Default Novice Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm 19 yrs, 174cm and 150lbs and this is my 3rd workout of week 1. Would really appreciate your opinions on my squat form and if there's anything I should work on to make it better. Thanks

Mr. Amos,

Remember when I told you to read the sticky? Do you remember what it says in the sticky about reposting your form checks every few days and being patient? I will direct you to this thread. Please read it over and over and over again.

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ion-redux.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Mr. Amos,

Remember when I told you to read the sticky? Do you remember what it says in the sticky about reposting your form checks every few days and being patient? I will direct you to this thread. Please read it over and over and over again.

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ion-redux.html
    I did read the post. I just thought my post never went thru because some people already have their post replied but mine haven't yet. Sorry for being too impatient and for taking your statement in the sticky too literally. Gonna continue my workout tomorrow and really look forward to your reply. Keep up with what you're doing and I really appreciate the fact that you're offering free form checks for everyone on this forum.

- Amos.

Those squats look really good. I pretty much don't have anything to complain about. Damn you for being so young and knowing about this stuff. Eat, train, and take care of yourself. You are in for a pretty cool ride getting stronger.

Wow, thanks! Glad to hear that from you! Hopefully I can maintain this form as the weight gradually gets heavier. Will post to you occasionally to ensure my form doesn't deteriorate in the long run. In the meantime, gonna continue to remind myself of the cues in the SS book each time before I train so that the cues will eventually ingrain in my head permanently. Really appreciate the feedback!