starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have I lost my hip drahve?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    And made the best damn soundtracks to go with those form check videos. I still miss them. I'd make them myself, but I lost the instruction manual.
    You two get a room.

Little River Band is a classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Polishdude20 View Post
    Do you mind sharing with us how this happened so I know what to avoid doing?
    Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary. I was working up to my opener for my very first meet--a weight I could easily handle (375), hence the opener--and about 2-3 inches out of the hole, pop. It hurt enough that I had to lower the bar to the safeties, and my upper thigh was aching. However, it wasn't so painful at the time and I was able to practice my bench and deadlift. It ached for the next day, so I took 2-3 days off from the gym, and when I came back I realized the severity of the situation. I couldn't even squat the bar without grimacing.

I went back and looked at the video and there was nothing out of the ordinary there, either. Every warm-up I recorded looked exactly the same as the rep that injured me.

I took 12 days off from squatting and started back with the bar while looking at the USPA's refund policy. It was painful, but I could squat with full range of motion, so I did the Starr rehab protocol, but added weight on faster than I should have because I wanted to get a number in for my meet (by the fourth day I was up to 245-255).

Anyway, that was it. By some miracle I was able to squat at my meet (275/308/341) in a lot of pain, but well below what I wanted to squat. Two days after the meet, I was back in the gym and I deloaded big time and restarted my LP at 255lbs, making 10-pound jumps until I got to around 280-285, now 5-pound jumps at the advanced novice progression phase. It still hurts a little since the injury is about 6 -7 weeks old, but I'm just glad I can squat.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    Little River Band is a classic!

Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary. I was working up to my opener for my very first meet--a weight I could easily handle (375), hence the opener--and about 2-3 inches out of the hole, pop. It hurt enough that I had to lower the bar to the safeties, and my upper thigh was aching. However, it wasn't so painful at the time and I was able to practice my bench and deadlift. It ached for the next day, so I took 2-3 days off from the gym, and when I came back I realized the severity of the situation. I couldn't even squat the bar without grimacing.

I went back and looked at the video and there was nothing out of the ordinary there, either. Every warm-up I recorded looked exactly the same as the rep that injured me.

I took 12 days off from squatting and started back with the bar while looking at the USPA's refund policy. It was painful, but I could squat with full range of motion, so I did the Starr rehab protocol, but added weight on faster than I should have because I wanted to get a number in for my meet (by the fourth day I was up to 245-255).

Anyway, that was it. By some miracle I was able to squat at my meet (275/308/341) in a lot of pain, but well below what I wanted to squat. Two days after the meet, I was back in the gym and I deloaded big time and restarted my LP at 255lbs, making 10-pound jumps until I got to around 280-285, now 5-pound jumps at the advanced novice progression phase. It still hurts a little since the injury is about 6 -7 weeks old, but I'm just glad I can squat.
    Woah that's scary. Do you mind sharing the video of when it happened?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12