starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check

Default Squat check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello all

1. FORM CHECK

After 3 weeks without managing all reps with 309lbs i finaly did it last workout and i decided to post form check.
    Last set + second set

Squat Form check - YouTube

My form is better in the last set, i was thinking "heels" in the way down because when i recently changed to lifted heels i was always losing balance and being most of time on my toes and when about to hit the stretch reflex i was thinking "hips up" which helped me a lot. In the second set i was leading with my chest a little. Am I rigth?

Bonus) Programming

These 3 weeks were bad sleep, new shoes, ugly reps, losing balance sometimes leading to paused reps and a backoff to 302lbs. It is all good now, however i don't feel that i'm going to nail the next 5x3x313. Following the progression i was doing before these 3 weeks, i'll likely, if i do things well, hit 4x3x313 and then in the following workout i'll 5x3x313. But not being sure about that, i want to know if i it is the rigth time to change programming like adding a ligth squat at 80% as suggested in the book (I ask that because in those 3 weeks i did a workout with 60-70% ligth day and the following workout the weigth felt heavier) and if not work i'll add the 1x5 + 2x5 (5% back-off).

PS i can post my 10 last squat workouts if needed

Thanks a lot and sry for shitty english

Your squats look decent. Make your stance a little wider and get your knees forward early. Don't let them poke forward at the bottom of the squat. Think about keeping the knees in place as you turn the squat around. See what you can do about straightening out your wrists. This may drop your elbows a little, which would not be bad, either.