Default Power Clean / 60 kg / 99 bw /Form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Age 24
    bw 99 kg
    60 kg power clean

4th day I attempted the PC in SS.

Video:Power Clean/60kg/99kg BW - YouTube

In modern, don't-hurt-anyone's-feelings corporatespeak, this would be called something that has "a lot of opportunity for growth."

Have you read the sticky, good sir?

Including the Note on Pulls from the Floor, and the power clean example vids?

Hey Wolf

Yes I watched. I tried that whole session to emulate what it said.

Are my knees not dropped enough/chest not straght enough? Bar was on the middle of the foot. I have long legs and I allways have this feeling my back is way to paralel to the ground...

While I was working out it 'felt' ok... arms were straght?

Is my grip wide enough? For me it felt I could rack it ok.

Am I jumping too early?

I know it's far from perfect but I am not sure where to start from. While I was in the gym the PCs felt ok. After I watched my video I realised this is not how it's done in the training videos even though I felt like I was.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You start with the bar behind midfoot and with nearly vertical shins, instead of with the bar over mid-foot and some knee bend so your shins touch the bar in that position.

You never "squeeze chest up" to get your back into extension; it doesn't look like you try but can't quite do it - you appear to make no effort at all to even try.

You don't keep the bar on your legs and touch your thighs at the jumping position; you let it get off your legs so you have to guess where the jumping position is.

You pull the bar with your arms, instead of keeping them straight and "jumping" the bar up.

You catch the bar in your hands, and then try to finish the rack, instead of catching it on your shoulders in the rack position.

I honestly am not sure what to tell you. This isn't a lift that can be spot-fixed with a form check. You need to, basically, do the whole thing better.

Alot of things looked ok to me. Now I have an idea where to start improving things.

I realize my deadlift is wrong as well now, time to deload and try fix technique for deadlift also. I have the same "no chest up", bar behind mid foot problem.

I will apply what you told me, see how it goes and film it.