starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aching pains in forearms, wrists, hands, knuckles, fingers, + catching and cracking.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'll contact a coach in the area and make sure I'm doing things right. Is there anything else to be done about this right now? Just stop lifting?

To clarify I train 4-5 days a week and on any given day I pick one of the barbell lifts and do a 5x5 with as much weight as I can handle for 5, add 5 pounds when I can do a full 5x5, repeat, such that I train each at least once every week. I'm not doing it all at once on two days.

Well, I haven't shit on you. If I were going to shit on you, I'd say something like "How about learning to have a little patience, and gather all of your thoughts together at once, and make one fucking post instead of three? While you're at it, take the fucking time to actually read the programming section in the cheap book you allegedly bought and fucking read and understand that you should be doing THREE SETS OF FIVE REPS at working weight, since that's what SS:BBT fucking says you should do, and thus my statement of having zero faith in your ability to judge anything, let alone if you're doing the lifts correctly."

Pretty much that's how I'd shit on you if I were to do so, which I didn't, so spare me your indignation.

On your other question: How should I know what is wrong with you, or what else could possibly causing pain so bad that you can barely type out three posts in 30 minutes? I am not a medical professional. However, I do have experience with tendinitis, which is an overuse injury, and since your ability to comprehend necessary programming for a novice is in question, and you did a program with a large amount of volume, I'm suggesting that it might be a possibility, and that I could be wrong about that. As far as how to fix tendinitis in a lifter, Rip has discussed this many times, on this board, which has a search function powered by Google. If I sounded definitive, well, I wasn't trying to be. But it is a consideration (along with getting with a coach and fixing form errors) that YOU don't need a doctor to eliminate as a possible cause.
    Last edited by Steve Hill; 03-22-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Jesus, are you like this with all of your clients? I contacted a coach. Hope he's got more patience than you. Thanks for the...advice.

I am not like this with ANY of my clients. Of course, my clients aren't sensitive types who cry about me shitting on them when I point out they are Not Doing The Program, and that they haven't done everything that is within their control to eliminate possible causes of their upset, and you are not, in fact, my client.
    Last edited by Steve Hill; 03-23-2017 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iytian View Post
    Jesus, are you like this with all of your clients? I contacted a coach. Hope he's got more patience than you. Thanks for the...advice.
    You'll find among the forums very little patience for whining in the context of people NDTFP, insisting their form is good while not posting form checks, and not using google search with site:startingstrength.com added for accuracy.

All of that said, if you're in pain and stopping the lift causing the pain causes it to abate, it suggests your form is off, its an over-use type of injury, or you have biomechanical issues. Since you've already gone the doctor route... you can fill in the blank here.

tl;dr: Get coaching and video your lifts for analysis. You'd be surprised how helpful people on the boards can be when you do this.

Quote Originally Posted by I_iz_a_fatass View Post
    You'll find among the forums very little patience for whining in the context of people NDTFP, insisting their form is good while not posting form checks, and not using google search with site:startingstrength.com added for accuracy.

All I'm saying is, this is my very first post and the very first time interacting with the SS boards, and you don't have to be so condescending to a new guy trying to figure it out. Least of all a professional coach. Hope y'all had fun proving you're better than me and I'm stupid etc etc.

All I'm saying is, this is my very first post and the very first time interacting with the SS boards, and you don't have to be so condescending to a new guy trying to figure it out. Least of all a professional coach. Hope y'all had fun proving you're better than me and I'm stupid etc etc.
    Look up the difference between inference and implication. I think your upset lies somewhere in the definition of the first word.

Alternately, maybe you can go ask Mehdi since you seem to like 5x5 programming so much.
    Last edited by Steve Hill; 03-23-2017 at 11:18 AM.

But you said you started "at the end of 2015." It is now mid-March 2017. How are you still just "figuring it out?"

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by I_iz_a_fatass View Post

All of that said, if you're in pain and stopping the lift causing the pain causes it to abate, it suggests your form is off, its an over-use type of injury, or you have biomechanical issues. Since you've already gone the doctor route... you can fill in the blank here.

tl;dr: Get coaching and video your lifts for analysis. You'd be surprised how helpful people on the boards can be when you do this.
    ^ This. Very mature and helpful post. OP, take heed, lose your restraints, only then will you become... legendary.

Also, tendinitis has been discussed to death on here so, much that it was resurrected and killed again, RIP. I would normally say post a video etc but you're definitely an individual that will have a hundred more questions after a response so, in person coaching would be more beneficial. I'm not ragging on you, once again refer to the above post. Good luck.

By the way, if I say sticky, you say?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast