starting strength gym

Thread: Subluxed fibula

Default Subluxed fibula

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi all,

I've been having issues lately with my right knee while squatting. The fibula seems to pop out of place when I'm coming out of the hole for a second or two and then slides back into place.

This isn't painful per se but as you can imagine it is not something I'm comfortable with. It's been happening for the last 2-3 months. The warm up sets are usually fine but when I get towards my workings sets (say 110kg +) it starts to happen. It does not occur on every rep - strangely its when I think "knees out" that it tends to occur.

I've started to wear some neoprene sleeves to keep it together but sadly it does not work.

For reference, I'm 25 years old, weigh 78kgs and am approx. 173 cm tall.

Have any of you guys seen this before? I'm not sure if this can be something which can be fixed by visiting a physiotherapist or if it's under an orthopaedic surgeons remit.

I'd appreciate any input/comments.

Thanks you.

Yeesh. This one is out of my wheelhouse. Let's see what peeps say.

While out of mine medically, I would say that "seems to," is not a definitive. And we can't see your squat from here, so you should probably post a video, since this sounds a lot like you're under- or over-driving your knees out.