starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check - Thank you

Default Squat form check - Thank you

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Last set of 3 x 5 of 255 lbs: Thank you for doing this for free.. it is much appreciated!

From what I can tell those look fine, but I would need a better video to say anything more. The sticky. Thou must read it.

Hey Tom,

Thank you for taking a look at my video. I had read through the video posting stickies and thought roughly hip height from a 45 degree angle is best for squats? Sorry for misunderstanding. I had my phone on a bench which could probably be a little higher and I know the rack is in the way a little.

I had taken another one that day from a little more front/45 degrees and also one from the rear/45 degree. I'll attach them so hopefully that could give you a better look at what I could improve on.

I am one month into starting strength and find my only issue is my inner thighs (adductors?) recovering in time for each squatting session. Is it normal for them to be the most sore from low bar squatting? Whenever I have one day of rest in between, they are pretty damn sore still. Usually after my 2 days of rest they are ready to go. Weight is progressing great though.. 5lbs every work out now.

Through reading Practical Programming, I was thinking about having my Wednesday squat day be a light day (80% of Mondays work weight) or just having 2 days of rest between every workout day. Do one of these options sound good or should I just tough it out and squat when still tight/sore? Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it a lot.

Those look pretty good. Your knees could probably be out just a little more, although I would not swear to that based on the video. Nothing worrying here, however. Carry one. Moar weight.

Okay, sounds good Tom. Thanks again for the help.