starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volume vs intensity for back rehab

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Maties Hofstede View Post
    What is the reasoning behind it for back tweaks? At some point people around here wanted to use the starr protocol to cure aids, then explicitly stated it was meant for belly bruises??
    Who exactly was using this to cure AIDS? When you get hurt, there is a general protocol to follow:

• Rest. Briefly. Usually a few days depending upon the injury. That will vary, of course
    • Apply as much stress to yourself as you can handle without worsening the injury.

The Starr Protocol provides a general idea of how to do that. Light weights and higher repetitions going down to heavier weights and higher repetitions. Whether that gets done every day, or three or four times a week varies based on what is hurting. That something developed to cure injuries might have applicability for several different injuries is not shocking, especially when you look at it based on the bullet points above.

starting strength coach development program
    Well it probably wasnt aids but I guess you already figured that out.

Yess I get the reasoning, I just remember a post(s) where people wanted to use it for just about anything. Torn muscles or tendons not sure anymore. It was then stated it should be used for belly bruises, because of blood flow, scar tissue etx. I just remember it being laid out fairly specific.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12