starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check Followup

Default Squat Check Followup

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    This is a followup to this thread: http://startingstrength.com/resource...uat-check.html

I've worked on keeping my upper back tight, and I think I'm getting it. It's a little odd, because concentrating solely on that seems to get me out of my hips and trying to lead with my chest, and of course if I don't think about it at all I go back to old habits. This is my first set from this afternoon:

Other than the bar looking uneven on the 5th rep, I don't really see anything blatantly wrong in these. That said, my 2nd and 3rd sets were worse, so I wish I had filmed those as well, but I was under a time crunch to get back to work so I left it alone. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Watch your back right above the belt - you overextend it a little when you reset each rep. I'd also like to you try taking the same stance, but bringing your heels closer together. Your toes don't look far enough out and your stance is a bit wide (though certainly in the range of personal preference since it looks like you're getting your knees out OK).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hill View Post
    Watch your back right above the belt - you overextend it a little when you reset each rep. I'd also like to you try taking the same stance, but bringing your heels closer together. Your toes don't look far enough out and your stance is a bit wide (though certainly in the range of personal preference since it looks like you're getting your knees out OK).
    Can do. I'm one of the rare folk that you all had to cue not to push my knees out so much at a seminar, so it's a safe bet that my knees are good to go. I've noticed my stance tends to creep out over time as well, so I appreciate that as well.