starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squat check @160kg

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Honestly, those all looked pretty fuckin' good. You have a hint of flexion in upper back, but it is not terrible. Think of keeping your shoulder blades pinched back. Otherwise, add a little weight and keep squatting just like that. Good work.

Thanks a lot Tom! I will use these videos for reference in the future then and concentrate on pinching the shoulder blades (excellent cue btw, it definitely helps). My lower back pain is completely gone now and there was no fatigue going into the DL that followed those squats.

Now, I know this is not a programming board, but how should I approach this going forward? I have been doing an upper/lower 4-day split so far with 5xpr+2x5@90% on monday and 3x5@90% on thursday (same approach to all lifts). Should I just go forward from here, thus doing 160kg on monday? Or would you suggest that I spend more time practicing at lower weights? Or should I perhaps start cycling rep ranges? I have to admit that intermediate programming is above my pay-grade.

At the moment, I would do a little LP that fits in your schedule. Squat two times a week for 3x5 until that stops working. Then go to something like a top set of five with backoffs at 90 to 95 percent. Go up by 2 or 2.5 kg at a time. Once that is done, then you'll probably need to go to a weekly progression with a heavier, lower volume day and a mediumish, higher volume day. I would rather have you burn in some of these corrections instead of adding 15 to 20 kg to the bar immediately and go back to squatting as you were.

Got it! And thanks again to both you and Steve. You guys have now fixed both my deadlift and my squat, I really appreciate it.

We are here to help.

starting strength coach development program
    I enjoy watching videos on this forum and trying to give my own coaching cues before looking at what the SSC have to say below. That was hands down one of the best progressions of coaching cues by Tom and Steve and improvements in form that I have seen on this forum. I appreciate this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12